PDA

View Full Version : Crunching noise

daiglea
10-02-2002, 04:52 AM
Sometime wen i let my clutch go slow there is a crunching noise comming from the engine. Sounds like the the gears are falling appart. Anyone know what it could be.

bmf400ex
10-02-2002, 07:59 AM
where is the sound coming from, under gas tank, the right side or left side? is it more of a chatter(light crunching corn flake noise) or is it a hard sound like crunching a huge hard shelled bug under your foot sound?

10-02-2002, 08:02 AM
your gonna need some money dude! $$$

daiglea
10-02-2002, 08:14 AM
Sounds like it's comming near the front sporket. It only happens sometimes. Kinda sounds like the chain is slipping on the sproket but i just put on a new chain and sproket and the chain is not loose by any means.

bmf400ex
10-02-2002, 08:20 AM
did this start before or after the new sprocket/chain.

daiglea
10-02-2002, 08:23 AM
I guess after but i never realy went riding with it before i changed the sproket. Wen i got it the guy had it parked for a bit and didn't take much care of his chain. Of course is sezed up and broke some of the teeth on the sproket. So i changed it. Only took it out once before i changed the sproket and it did not make that noise. Any clue

JabberJaw
10-02-2002, 08:27 AM
It could be that your clutch basket is wore on the edges, and the clutch disks are not sliding smoothly. You should try to determine more acurately where the sound is coming from. (i.e. left side; right side; front; rear; center; inside your head)

daiglea
10-02-2002, 08:29 AM
I'll try to listen more deaply on next ride and post the results. Thanks for the help dudes :devil

DarkStarRacing
10-02-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
I guess after but i never realy went riding with it before i changed the sproket. Wen i got it the guy had it parked for a bit and didn't take much care of his chain. Of course is sezed up and broke some of the teeth on the sproket. So i changed it. Only took it out once before i changed the sproket and it did not make that noise. Any clue

you might have did more damage than you thought when that chain seized :confused: