PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Roads area Norfolk VA

batgeek
10-02-2002, 02:48 AM
aside from Slade's Off Road park(which i found quite easily) anyone from around here know of any other riding places in the area?

vamangano
10-04-2002, 08:51 PM
Virginia Motor Sports Park in Dinwiddie County has a nice track. It is located ALMOST at the intersection of RT 460 and RT 1. I'm getting ready to build a track at my house. I'm not sure how big it will be, but probably as big as the boss (wife) lets me build it. I have a woods course set up and that joins my neighbors 1600 acres. Plenty of riding up this way :)

AtvMxRider
10-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Hey Vamangano have you been to vmp yet. Do you race? I've raced there twice and I love it.

vamangano
10-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Hey! No I haven't raced up there yet. The track wasn't there when I had my 400EX and now I have an 02 Grizzly. I'll be getting an 02 Raptor next saturday and I'll run it up there once I jet,pipe, filter it. Oh yeah I'll have to put the extended axle and a-arms on as well. So I'll be up there watching from time to time. You in Colonial Heights? Seems like all the quad shops are there :)

4strokin
10-05-2002, 07:27 PM
i raced at VMP-MX in dinwiddie this past weekend at that track is sweet. it has first rate facilities! i had a blast, let me know if anyone else races the D13

vamangano
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey man do you have a schedule of atv/mx event dates? If not I guess I could call them up next week. Nice to see you making the trip down here from Waynesboro. I live probably bout 10 to 15 minutes away from the track via state maintained dirt road ;)

vamangano
10-05-2002, 08:21 PM
BTW how do you like the Z400 ?

AtvMxRider
10-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 4strokin
i raced at VMP-MX in dinwiddie this past weekend at that track is sweet. it has first rate facilities! i had a blast, let me know if anyone else races the D13

Hey I didn't catch your name last weekend but I talked to you a few times. I was the guy on the yellow 400 # 55 My name is Jerry by the way. They are having an open practice the 19th are you going to make it.

AtvMxRider
10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by vamangano
Hey man do you have a schedule of atv/mx event dates? If not I guess I could call them up next week. Nice to see you making the trip down here from Waynesboro. I live probably bout 10 to 15 minutes away from the track via state maintained dirt road ;)

They have an open practice th 19th and the next race is nov. 10th

4strokin
10-05-2002, 09:17 PM
oh yeah, i remeber u!!! hey great race by the way! but next time i'm gonna make sure my seat doesn't fall off through the whoops!!! i'm gonna try to make it to the practice or i'll be at another race. sussex county speedaway website has a schedule of the D13 races. sweet i'm making new friends!!!!!!!!

4strokin
10-05-2002, 09:20 PM
The Z is awesome!! it needs some work with the suspension but it has a strong motor! i took the airbox lid off and put a 148 main jet in it and i pulled a second place start only to a YZ 426 quad! woohoo!!! (and for the record i was right on his *****)

AtvMxRider
10-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 4strokin
oh yeah, i remeber u!!! hey great race by the way! but next time i'm gonna make sure my seat doesn't fall off through the whoops!!! i'm gonna try to make it to the practice or i'll be at another race. sussex county speedaway website has a schedule of the D13 races. sweet i'm making new friends!!!!!!!!

Actually I'm glad your seat fell off cause it was the only way I was going to get by you:D LOL J/K Good race!