PDA

View Full Version : pep steering stabilizer problem

clubert
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I recently bought a used PEP steering stabilizer off of ebay. Got it for a decent price. Well, when i got it, turns out the very end of the shaft is bent a little bit. The seller says it wasn't bent when he shipped it, and won't refund.
Anyone know if i can buy a shaft from PEP? or will it be okay to use it slightly bent? will it just bend worse?

thank,
steve

balls2da-wall
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Should be fine. I had one with a slight bend as well and didnt notice any problem with it...you may even try straightening it if it hinders movement in and out of the shock body.

quader400
02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
is it a rebuildable pep, i know some are, and if it is im pretty sure you can get a new rod but if it doesnt hinder the movement like balls2dawall said then no point in doin anything to it

clubert
03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
thanks, good to know.

being used, it didn't come with any instructions. best i can tell, it mounts to one of the motor mount bolts on the right side of the engine, correct? then runs up between the upper swingarm and the right side tie rod, and connects to the bracket?
please let me know if this is correct or not, so i can get it on.

thanks again

balls2da-wall
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
NO NO NO! If its a 400ex it goes fromt the left motor mount(while sitting on quad) to the steering stem! If its a 450R I think its the same, but dont hold me to that. For both set-ups it goes from a motor mount to the steering stem...NOT a tie rod!

clubert
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
haha, yea, i said between the a-arm and the tie rod, not connected to the tie rod. i saw how that sounded confusing, though. ok, so, left side. Anyone know if it goes to the front or rear motor mount bolt? there is two right there.

thanks again!