PDA

View Full Version : 400ex

madeincanada123
02-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Today i traded my snowmobile for a 99 400ex that has some parts in it.

Anything else you would recomend doing to it other than whats about to be listed? It has black race plastics, newer holeshot tires 6 ply, front and rear aluminum grab bars, nerf bars, tether kill switch, nacs seat cover, nacs graphic kit on the race plastics, also have stock plastics, tag bars, new clutch cable and lever, new prm rear axel carrier with bearings, new chain, front sprocket is geared down for torque (less teeth), new brakes all around, new brake disk in rear, new rims, shock covers, steering dampener, shock covers, case saver, and 1/4 inch thick swingarm skid plate, high compression piston (runs on 93 octane), top end rebuilt less than 30 hrs ago, lrd full exhaust system, k&n filter, jet kit, and dirt digger clutch.

I was wondering what parts are aluminum on it for polishing and if theres anything you guys would recomend doing. I plan on changing all the oil and everything once spring hits or a warmer day. I was also wondering what oil I should run( engine oil and gear oil). I used to have a blaster and I always ran klotz and i loved the smell. Can I use this in the 400 or not? what do you guys run. Also, are the 6 ply tires like unpoppable? The guy said he'd give me 100 bucks if i popped them. How much do you guys figure is in the quad in terms of money? How many ponies would this beast be putting out. I am assuming I will kill all blasters no problem and I was wondering how I will compare to a banshee or something. Will the quad be reliable and what should I be doing for maintnence. How often do you guys clean ur filter and stuff. How often should the engine oil be changed? I am sure Im forgetting some stuff so ill just post it up later. I know the post is long but just trying to learn a bit about my new ride. Help me out guys.

Thanks

madeincanada123
02-25-2007, 07:21 AM
ttt...help a brotha out

madeincanada123
02-26-2007, 04:21 AM
no one knows anything on here?

GIXXER1KR
02-26-2007, 04:40 AM
I believe theres a 400ex section!!!!:eek2:

madeincanada123
02-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
I believe theres a 400ex section!!!!:eek2:

o sorry i clicked on the wrong one i meant to put it in the 400 section. can a mod do that for me