PDA

View Full Version : Could you guys critique my sponsor house profile?

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Gently, please :)

http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/hondaatc/Home.aspx

I don't race a whole lot, I'm only able to race one series (cause of me being on a trike) and I figure the chances of getting picked up by a company are pretty slim, but worth at least taking the time to put myself out there. I know it really reads as a sell to the person reading it, do you guys think thats a good thing or am I kind of over doing it?

HB416EX
02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
:cuss:

250ex13
02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
:cuss: :confused:

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
:cuss:

Is there a problem, pal? :devil:

CRich[814]
02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
seems very professional. you talk about being on a trike too much i think. you should bring it up, like the question why are you still on one instead of a quad, but not beat it into their heads over and over. drop the dangerous part in the beggining, sponsers know that every version of mx, tt, xc, sx, etc, on a bike, trike, quad is very unsafe no matter what. other than that i like it.

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
seems very professional. you talk about being on a trike too much i think. you should bring it up, like the question why are you still on one instead of a quad, but not beat it into their heads over and over. drop the dangerous part in the beggining, sponsers know that every version of mx, tt, xc, sx, etc, on a bike, trike, quad is very unsafe no matter what. other than that i like it.

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I'll work on editing the front page to not talk about trikes so much.

300exryder
02-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Why do you compete?
Learning to ride on a three-wheeler, I have a lot of experience and a bond with them in particular. Many people have negative ideas or impressions of them. It is my goal as I compete to promote three-wheelers in a positive light and show that they are STILL competitive with today's machinery 20 years later. It's very important to me that I always display myself as a courteous and professional racer to my (redundant) peers and spectators a like.

What inspires you to compete?
The reaction I get from other racers and spectators. inspires me to race. Anyone that shows up at today's races on a quad just blends in with a sea of similar machines. When you show up on something real special, something veteran racers haven't seen on a track in 20 years, something new riders have never seen before, it grabs a lot of attention. It's a great feeling to have spectators along the fence shout at you "You're CRAZY!", or a fellow racer mentioning that they don't see how I'm able to compete on such a machine. Once you get out on the track, you might not be in the lead, but you're able to hold your own against everyone else; the appreciation and respect are a real inspiration. It's a real motivator to get out there and do your best while establishing a more realistic sterotype of the three wheeler community.
I know what you're thinking.
"A three-wheeler? This has got to be a joke." It's not. I'm one of the few people remaining in the country still actively pursuing ATV competitions on machines that have not been in production since 1986. From Sand/Dirt drag racing on my custom built CR500 machine, to flat track racing on my 1985 Honda ATC250R, I'm turning a lot of heads in today's quad dominated world of racing.

"Why in the world are you still riding a three-wheeler when you could be on a quad?"
A fair enough question, with the answer being "Because it's different". An attention grabber is what you call rolling a three-wheeler out of your race trailer and being surrounded by quad racers. People stop in their tracks and stare, they walk over and check it out first hand, they even call their friends over for a look; 3 wheelers are an interesting commodity in the race scene today. Capturing interest via 3 wheelers is just a small part of what “Being different” can bring you.
“Why should my company sponsor you?”
You can spend your time and resources doing the same ole same ole or you can go for something new and different that turns heads everywhere. While I'm promoting three-wheelers in a positive light, I will strive to do the same thing for your company. When exposure is your goal, the difference is clear.

A small start on some grammatical errors. Definitely needs a boost as far as differeing sentence structure and length. Don't be afraid to break the cookie-cutter mold much of today's writing has become. I would print out a copy and read it aloud and ask yourself what you think is missing. I have never written a sponsorship request, so I'm not sure on the criteria necessary, but I'm sure others will chime in.

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks, I think I've corrected most of those. Grammar has never really been my forte but I'll try and keep an eye on it :)

I'm trying to keep all my race results current for the series, its usually just a day or two afterwards I update the stats. I was considering possibly writing like a paragraph sized blurp about each race and how the practice/heats went, adjustments I made, etc. Does anyone else bother doing that?

CRich[814]
02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
not a bad idea. good thing you added the heat win race picture. they'll know you dont suck at riding lol.

i have some questions about the trike. i have no desire to built one lol, but did you build it, and do you have up close motor pics. i couldnt imagine how scary fast that thing is.

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I've done a ton of work to this thing. The motor in it though that I'm racing with now is all stock minus some bolt ons. I built a BAD *** long rod 270cc engine with full LRD porting but the center case gasket or crank seal or something went bad, cause its sucking trans oil really bad and when I go to run a pressure test it pushes the air right out the crank case vent. :mad:

Anyways the other mods it does have are:

FMF pipe and silencer (to be replaced by a paul turner high rev soon, best ATC250R pipe there is)

Ported stock reed cage with Boyesen pro series carbon fiber reeds.

ESR/Sudco 39mm PWK carb with 1/4 turn Magura twist throttle

Internally lowered front forks 4 inches + slid up in the triple clamps.

Custom made (BY ME!) 10inch center offset front wheel made from nothing but 2 halves running a Duro Scorcher front tire.

Chromed stock length rear swingarm.

Durablue rear lowering link with stock rear shock.

+4 axle (I'm not sure whether its a Durablue or LSR?) with anti-fade nut and twin row bearing carrier. Inside wheel hub reversed, Baby Burris 16x8x8.5 rear tires.

DG grab bar.

Ceet brand seat cover (getting a new one with the foam shaved down)

Honda HRC short track turning gas tank kit with reproduction air scoops direct from Australia.

Highly modified lower triple clamp for maximum steering lock.

Aftermarket bars (I dunno what they are) with 400ex master cylinder, all levers drilled.

Aussieduner reproduction Maier style front # plate.

Maier ATC250R dull style rear fenders.

Pro-design shifter.

Gutted (by me) wiring system for bare necessities.

Pro-armor brand tether kill switch.

Stainless braided brake lines.

I think thats it? Might be leaving a few things out. That other 270 motor I built has at least that many things done to it internally. I gotta get it fixed.

CRich[814]
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by HondaATC500X
FMF pipe and silencer (to be replaced by a paul turner high rev soon, best ATC250R pipe there is)

wouldnt putting a 250 size pipe on a 500 rob power?

HondaATC500X
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh your talkin about the 500R? Its just a drag racer, I thought you were talking about my flat tracker. Yeah heres a picture of the 500 on a rough track back in June heh.

CRich[814]
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by HondaATC500X
Oh your talkin about the 500R? Its just a drag racer, I thought you were talking about my flat tracker.

gotcha. i reread the profile, you have a 500hybrid for dragging and you race tt with the atc250. i got it now lol. good luck with sponsers.