PDA

View Full Version : Swaping from K&N to UNI, Rejet?

02silverpile
02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
hey, Im thinking of going from my K&N over to a UNI filet, because Im tired of using the dang K&N oil. It s a pain in the A**. If I switch do I need to rejet, only thinking on the bases of maybe the uni will have a change in air flow. Also does the uni use the stock 400ex filter cage? My K&N is a stand alone cone that has a metal structure. The reason im asking is because I dont have any of the stock internals for the air box, and I didnt know if that is needed. Thanks.

honda300EXtreme
02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
well i can answer this, as long as you rejetted for the k&n you will be alright when you put on the UNI,

as far as the cage goes, i dont think you need the cage with the uni but im now sure about that,

02silverpile
02-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know about the mounting of the UNI?

flauge
02-26-2007, 01:28 AM
My UNI came with its own cage so you should be ok...Im not sure with jetting tho.:ermm:

02silverpile
02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
flauge which UNI did you purchase. I know there are filter replacements, and then there is like the power UNI which I think comes with a cage and a screw to hold it on the cage. Im thinking about buying a universal air pod that is bust big in diameter and hooking it to the carb with a piece of pvc or something like a slip joint.

flauge
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Mine was just a replacement filter, i thought i would have to use the stock cage too but when it came in it had its own wire looking cage.. pod filters come with the cage too, i bought one for an old dirt bike i had one time:cool: