PDA

View Full Version : bogging

slick7108514
02-24-2007, 05:19 PM
so i just bought a brand new 2006 450er on friday. anyways after breaking the bike in and taking it easy on friday i decide to go do some real riding on saturday. well anytime i got the throttle over half the bike totally bogged down or just shut off. i figured it was just the main jet and it was too rich so i took out the main jet (which was a 120) and i replaced it with a 110 and also took the airbox lid off. sadly this didnt help the problem, so i had to take the bike back into the dealer....ive only had the bike one day!!! im pretty pissed off right now, especially since the more i read about this problem here on the forums it seems like many people have this problem. i hope the problem is nothing more than jetting and i also help i dont have this problem forever. hopefully the dealer will get it fixed. anyone got any suggestions on this problem.....my bike is completely stock and i ride at 1,500 ft in 70-80 degree weather. what is the typical jetting for my elevation and temp.

the Z Man
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Sounds like the gas captube is plugged or its running out of gas..

honda4life72
02-24-2007, 07:49 PM
put the stock jet back in and airbox lid on and take of your gass cap line and see if it does it then

d3ktrix
02-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Don't take the air box lid off until u figure out whats wrong with it while it's on.
Once you take the air box lid off you have to go with a much bigger main.