PDA

View Full Version : Engine combo price??

Drtridr18
10-23-2001, 04:07 AM
Where can I get all these mods cheapest?

11:1 stock bore JE piston

XR 400 cam

XR250 rev box (what year does it have to be for a 2000 400ex?)
(and does it have a different advance curve?)

Flywheel advannce key

K&N power kit

And how much do you think, as a package price i mean?

THANK YOU

barbwire44
10-23-2001, 05:18 AM
Ok these prices should be pretty accurate.

JE piston Stock Bore -115.00 - www.vcaracing.com
XR400 cam - 121.00 - marcums ATV
K&N power Kit - 112.00- www.vcaracing.com
Flywhheel Key - 15.00 - www.sparksracing.com
Gasket kit - 20.00 - www.vcaracing.com

Should total around $383.00

10-23-2001, 09:56 AM
Nice help, barbwire. That is what we need more of around here.

Drtridr18
10-23-2001, 03:20 PM
hey thanks a lot for your help guys, makes it a lot easier getting info from people who know the stuff.

justin

Drtridr18
10-24-2001, 04:02 AM
What about the rev-box? Which yearof XR 250 do I need, and where can i get it cheapest?

THANKS

10-26-2001, 05:21 AM
Just a couple of thoughts about your question. Dependeing on what kind of riding or racing you will be doing you may want to consider a few things. If you are running with a stock bore and you are going to run top end like TT, you would be wasting your money getting an xr cdi. Best money spent is an unlimited rev. (Carlson, LRD, etc..) approx. $135.00. You will not have enough motor to float it out with the unlimited. If you are woods racing then you need to aim you peak horsepower around the 6000-7000 rpm range for best use of the bike. If doing this the stock cdi is fine with the 9500 peak. The other consideration is that if you use a timing advance key, (which I manufacture for $10.00 including detailed instructions) there will be no reason to have the advanced timing curve with the new cdi. Last thing is that if you do not want to do serious things to your motor like displacement, head flow etc..., the best mod you can do to get the bike accelerating faster with more torque is to lighten your flywheel. With a completely stock bike, lighten the flywheel, add a timing advance key, and get the K&N power kit and you will be totally amazed at the difference in the bike. This makes a great flat drag bike. If you are interested in any of this please contact me, I do the flywheel mods and make the timing keys @ a 7 degree advancement. "Performance Design Motorsports"

booneTRX
10-26-2001, 05:07 PM
dityp........... how much to lighten the flywheel?? Do you have finished units for fast turn around? I have a 6 degree key now, why did you go 7 degrees?? I was under the impression that the XR motor was detuned for the EX by retarding the timing 6.

11-06-2001, 04:59 PM
I charge $75.00 for the flywheel. Once I receive the flywheel I will turn it around in two days. I can not say how much I lighten them because it is an amount that I have found to work well. I will warn you that no matter how many other places will say that a lightened flywheel will not cause a bike to stall they are wrong. In corners you have to get used to riding it like a two stroke keeping the rpm's up a little and using your clutch when you brake, but the trade off is worth it for the faster rev. I'm not sure on the flywheel key about the 6 or 7 degree, 7 is just what I found to work well.

If interested in anything E-Mail me at kimberlymcreynolds@msn.com.