PDA

View Full Version : Idle Mixture Screw "help"

big6six
02-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Ok I really need some help here. First this is what I have 2006 400 ex Hmf slip on with 155 main jet. Fuel/air mixture screw has not been touched still in stock position whatever that is. pilot jet is stock whatever that is. First problem bike is way to hard to start road today after draining my battery dead had to recharge it. Fouled the plug trying to start it, replaced the plug it started after about 2hours of early morning trying to get this thing running 33 degrees outside. Ok im sure I have some jetting issues I need to address from reading all the other post its going to a proffesional tomorrow. But heres the reall PROBLEM

The idle screw under the choke on left side of the carb has a slot for flat head screwdriver. Well when trying to start it I normally have to turn the idle up higher till it warms up and then turn it back down. not anymore because the screw goes thru the bracket and hooks to a wire that goes to the carb. Well the wire broke right behind the screw you turn and the idle is stuck on high can this be fixed. I explained it to the carb guy its going to tomorrow and he says ill have to have a brand new carb this bike is 2 months old. he said he could jet it properly and maybe tune the bike in the way it is but if he cant turn the idle bake down i would need a new carb. ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE

THANKS
BIG6SIX

400eXr1d3rZ
02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Look for the throttle stop screw, trace the cable from the idle knob to the carb, turn the end peice (throttle stop screw) with channel locks or small plyers. It's hard to start because the pilot jet is stock, up the pilot to 42, turn the fuel screw out 2 3/4 turns out from lightly seated.

big6six
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for such a fast reply Ill tell my guy this tomorrow hope this works
BIG6SIX

400eXr1d3rZ
02-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by big6six
Thanks for such a fast reply Ill tell my guy this tomorrow hope this works
BIG6SIX

No problem, Good luck ;)