PDA

View Full Version : Flooded, What 2 do?

bcg717
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Today my 400ex Slide down a bank into the lake. It floated upside down for about 3 mins. I pulled it out and brought it back to the house. I havent started it yet. What exactly do i need to do in order for it to run properly and not break anything. Thanks in advance.

jdenny400ex
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
what you need to do is take off the air cleaner, dry it out, or through it away and buy a k&N (my opinion). if you are lucky it died before it sucked in some water. if i was goin to do it right i would also take off the carb and clean out the bowl and the gas tank as well. i dont know how deep the water was, or what exactly happened. i had an old 250 recon that i used to ride in the water and flooded it several times. fired up every time after being water logged. got to love a honda. also another you might want to check is to see if there is in water in the oil. jsut check those things, it should be okay. and by the way what were you doin in the lake?

400eXr1d3rZ
02-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Change oil until it's not milky colored anymore, change gas, clean carb, clean airfilter, and change the sparkplug. Should start right up after that.

RSWORDS
02-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Change oil until it's not milky colored anymore, change gas, clean carb, clean airfilter, and change the sparkplug. Should start right up after that.

Before you stick in the new plug crank the motor over a few times with no plug in it to get any water out that might be in the cylinder.

bcg717
02-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the help