PDA

View Full Version : 1988 300 fourtraxs

hondamano4
02-24-2007, 01:22 PM
i have a 1988 honda 300 fourtraxs. i want to know if u guys would have any idaes what is wrong with it. when u are ride down a road and it get up temp u will fell some hot hit ur leg and i look at it and it oil. but it is come from the front diff it not come out of the case it come out of the vent hose because it will spit it all on the top of the motor. look to see if it is over fill but it is not and i thought maybe it is to light weight of oil it i think is as 80 90w gear oil in now.

thanks eric

rebelbuggy
04-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I have no clue, have you had it long do you liek it? I just got one today, i like it so far, supposed to be for my father to use on his land but not sure hes getting it might keep it for myself

jokerkit
05-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I would check to make sure its the front diff. vent I wanna say that the transfer case and maybe the rear diff. vents in that area also. If it is the front I would change the gear oil in it just so you know whats really in there, they don't hold very much. The only other thing I would say is, see if it looks like someone has had it apart, maybe they didn't shim it right and it is building excess heat do to that? Also does it have the stock tires on there?

traxant
05-08-2007, 07:14 AM
ive had my fourtrax for years and i love it i think it will be the only 1 i will ever own

Francois
10-24-2007, 04:05 PM
IT took me 1 quart to change fluid in both differential and the transfer case.