PDA

View Full Version : I need some public opinion here

dober250R
02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I posted up my long travel elkas for sale in the for sale forum. Me and a member of this site made a deal that we both agreed with. He said he was sending me a money order, and he told me that the post office lost it in transit or something. Then he told me he was going on wednesday to get it taken care of. After that PM all contact has been lost. I've pm'd him a couple times and emailed him, with no response. It's been 2 weeks of hearing nothing back from him. Would it be ok to re-post them up in the for sale forum? How long should I wait? I don't want to screw this guy over.

ZeroLogic
02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Did you get his phone number?

I'd put them back up forsale. Its been two weeks.

Kickstarts-suck
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
wait 1 more week

02-24-2007, 12:52 PM
yea id wait another week. pm him ur cell# and tell him to call you, and tell him if he doesnt get back to you, you're gonna put them back up for sale...

Pappy
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
after 2 weeks of no contact, i would relist them. if by chance he does come through with the money, you can sell him the shocks or if they have sold, return his money order. 2 weeks in this day and age is a long time for no contact without a serious issue.

also, check to see where he lives, a weather event could be the culprit etc.

steveperry
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't wait another week. That would be almost a month of not hearing from the guy. Sounds like he flaked.

dober250R
02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas. I've sold a lot of parts and this is the first time something like this has happend. And I didn't get his phone number. I think the guy lives in florida. I wonder if he lives where those tornados hit. I'm going to wait 1 more week, then re-post. Thanks again.

Adam

NacsMXer
02-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Same thing happened to me. This kid with the user name yanks5164 was in contact me back and forth for over a month to buy some parts off me. Said he needed more time to get the money, tried to trade me an Xbox 360, so I was patient and gave him more time etc etc. Made a deal, said the money order should see me in the next few days but I never got anything. Then complete loss of contact. I sent several follow-up PM's to see what the deal was but no reply. What's worse is I could see that he read all my messages through the message tracking feature yet was just too cool of a person to shoot me a reply back :o

His user name was very fitting because all he did was "yank" me around for over a month. I hate people that flake out like that. If something came up and you could no longer afford it, fine, just let me know. But don't act like you sent the money then just cut off all contact. Some people just have no integrity anymore :ermm: :rolleyes:

02-24-2007, 02:20 PM
sounds like a classic "string along" until he can come up with the money routine.... re-list them. if has a problem with that to bad. he should have went to the local library or a friends house if he had computer problems...and if he had an emergency, like a car accident or something, he has more important issues to deal with than purchasing shocks...sell 'em!! besides they are your property, and at anytime, whether you think something is fishy or not, you can do what you want with them....ya sell 'em and go pay some bills or whatever.... ;)