PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little help with a install

MERC
02-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I pulled of all my stock stuff carrier and axle replaced it with new rad h-12 tappered and used durablue axle

The rad came with a compression washer the wavey one and rad brake stay and I can get the stock axle lock nut on, but I cant get the snap ring to get seated for the axle nut. It is really close but no cigar Iam I missing something. I tried to not used the compression washer that came with it.

I might have been tired last night and missed something, so I will get to it once I get home.

northwest Texas
02-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I didn't have a problem with mine (LSR axle). Are you sure you've taken all the stock lock nut loose? I'm trying to go off the top of my head but I ended up taking all mine apart and cleaning the threads good so it was easy to turn.

It's a 3 piece nut so I'm guessing you've only loosened two of them hence the tight fit.

MERC
02-25-2007, 07:00 AM
got it I am a idiot I was to damn tired to remember to re adjust my axle nut. :huh

thanks anyway this get a couple of laughs

northwest Texas
02-25-2007, 07:42 AM
I've been guilty of looking at a simple problem, spending an hour trying to fix it only to give up and come back later and do it in five minutes. You're not alone.