PDA

View Full Version : tie rod adjustment

eldoexrider01
10-01-2002, 08:07 PM
alright i bent a rod a while back. (some yall know:p ). but anyways i adjusted them almost strait from the front then stood and looked at the back of my quad and the tires look bad turned in. so i re adjusted them strait from the back. then looked at them strait from the front and they looked bad turned out.

whats the problem. am i missin somthin???

redrider ex
10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
jack up the front end and get a tape measure and measure from rim to rim on the front side then the back and see witch way to go.

eldoexrider01
10-01-2002, 08:50 PM
thanks man. i jus got pissed and come inside

Braff1
10-02-2002, 06:37 AM
1) center the handle bars and secure them to the quad. I hooked my handlebars to the foot pegs. This is to keep the handlebars from moving on ya.
2) loosen the lock nut on tie rods.
3) run a string along the side of the quad at axle length. You want it to extend past the front and back of the quad securing it to something that has enough weight but will keep the string tight.
4) align the sting so that it is 1" from the front and rear of the side of the rim. You must move your achors for the string at the front and rear of the quad till you get the 1".
5)adjust the tie rod now until you have the same amount of distance between the front and back of the rim to the string.
6)turn tie rod so that the distance between string and front side of rim is 1/4" more than it was in step 5.
7)secure lock nuts for that side
8) repeat for other side.
This is probably as clear as Ohio river water but this is how I aligned my front.