PDA

View Full Version : 250ex exhaust

cali6869
10-01-2002, 07:50 PM
I want to put a new pipe on my fiancee brand new 250ex, what do you guys recomend? We are brand new to the sport and we dont really know much about accesories.
Please any help.

TC17
10-01-2002, 08:00 PM
i have a 250EX too. it depends on how loud you want it to sound. you can put a White Brothers Slip on Pipe which is the end of the pipe. it's much cheaper than the full system. you can adjust the sound level on the White Brothers E-Series Pipe by taking out and putting in disks. if you put in a disk, more air flow will travel out the pipe, which makes it louder and a little bit more powerful. my dad had that pipe on his warrior and it sounds quiet with a few disks in or really loud and more powerful with all the disks in. i hope i could help.:D

250exDaniel
10-01-2002, 08:05 PM
I would recomend the pro circuit t-4, White Brothers e-series, and Graydon proline.

10-01-2002, 08:06 PM
What website can you find the white brothers slip on pipe at?:confused:

TC17
10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
i didn't find a website that you could get a pipe for the 250EX. it's pretty new out on the market. it is out there though.

TC17
10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 250exDaniel
I would recomend the pro circuit t-4, White Brothers e-series, and Graydon proline.

where did you get your pipe at?

ryanh250ex
10-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cali6869
I want to put a new pipe on my fiancee brand new 250ex, what do you guys recomend? We are brand new to the sport and we dont really know much about accesories.
Please any help.

welcome to the sport of atving.

i bought a 2002 250EX last November. I love it. it's great for trails and stuff. This past July my dad surprised me by getting a Pro-Circuit T-4 Complete Exhaust System, DG Alloy Nerfs and a K&N Jet Kit.I love the new exhaust and it's got a great sound to it.
I'd definitely recommend this system to any 250 owner.

I have some questions for you: 1.How much are you willing to spend? I dont know how much you've looked around, but Exhausts (especially complete systems) can get expensive. If you have a limited budget, i'd recommend getting a slip-on pipe (not a full exhaust, it just uses a bigger exhaust with a stock header pipe). You'll save money but you wont have quite the performance
that a complete system will offer. My T-4 system cost my dad about $380, plus they installed it for us.

Secondly, where do you ride? if you ride in a sound-restricted area, you might want to research how loud some of these aftermarket pipes are. Some of the pipes also allow you to adjust the amount of power gain and sound level (the White Brothers, Pro Circuit T-4, and some other pipes let you do that). however, these pipes are still pretty loud. I havent had a sound test done on mine but if i had to take a guess it would probably be somewhere in the low to mid 90's, which is right on target for most sound-restricted areas. This is alot louder than the stock 250 pipe, just so you know

make sure that when you buy a pipe for your fiancee, you should (depending on how mechanically inclined you are) re-jet the carb to adjust the correct amount of fuel flow with the increased amount of air flow due to the new pipe.should you decide to have a dealer or parts shop install the pipe and carb jet kit (i recommend K&N Jet Kit, most people use them), make sure you go to somebody you know and trust that will make sure it's done right the first time. by the way- dont bother buying a pipe and not-rejetting, you wont get the full potential of the exhaust and your machine will be damaged by the lean jetting mixtures.Not good.

pm me or reply on this topic back about my questions. if you can answer them, i'd be more than glad to go through and help you pick out the right pipe for your fiancee. later
ryan