PDA

View Full Version : i made a oopsy

mach1stang
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
ok guys i got 2 pretty new kazuma quads one is a 250 and the other is a 125 they both are nice they run fine me and my dad customized the mufflers for more power all is well right WRONG the 125 has NO OIL IN IT and we muffed the piston up bad but the crank and all seems fine and i am pretty sure with my very little dirt bike knowledge that a 125 is pretty comon amung dirt bikes if in am wrong my bad but the quads where free and the chassis is very nice and i dont want to get rid of it but we cant find a replacment piston and cylinder but i was wondering if you guys may know of a place we can get both or if you know sombody that can do some motor work to put a bigger and better piston in it to help keep this thing alive and option 2 is to find another motor to put in its place and where the dirt bike size comes into place could we get a dirt bike piston and have the cylinder honed out a little to fit a bike piston thanks and if this dont work i will try to fit a 700 raptor motor or somthing in it

400exrider989
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM
if its a kazuma 125 its not even worth to fix not trying to be a dick bcause my friend bought 4 of them and 3 broke on the first ride
and if you have a raptor 700 then i dont know what you are doing with them kinda quads
kazumas are the worst you can get and putting a raptor 700 motor in it would be point less then you need to costom build mounts, somehow get the tranny in and then probably gusset the whole frame, get new shocks and axels plus new rims and tires new a-arms and swing arm just to get it to hardly work
cost les to get a new or used 700
anyways goodluck

Mike

mach1stang
02-23-2007, 08:42 PM
dude i was joking about the raptor motor thats was the last resort
but i dont know these run fine we are very happy with them this is the only problem we have had with them
the plates on the side of the tranny say lifan so i dont know who built the motor
but ya know it was free so i dont really care how crappy they are you can get a good for pretty cheap

alot cheaper than a new quad

m.h.s.c.#527
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
dont waste your time LOL

400exrider989
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
oh lol i though o ment puttin a 700 motor haa:macho
yea well if there free and as long as they work give em' hell :devil:
well sorry i cant help about your problems though but i hope yo get it fixed up and workin

have a good one'

Mike

woodsman250r
02-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Do yourself a favor and take those worthless pieces of junk and light them on fire then toss whats left in a dumpster. The world will then be a better place with two less piece of junk quads in it.

400exrider989
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
dont waste your time LOL
i also notice that mach1stang sad alot cheaper then a new quad,
well fr a little while i guess that is true
not for long though

:blah:

Mike

m.h.s.c.#527
02-23-2007, 08:50 PM
dude i didnt see they was 4 free give em hell kid

mach1stang
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
ok look all i am trying to say here if you all know of sombody that may be able to help let me know i know they are not the best quads out there but do you guys always throw away a quad every time the motor needs to be freshened up i dont think so :mad:

mephyst
02-23-2007, 09:02 PM
All of you guys seriously need to work on your writing skills...

400exrider989
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
All of you guys seriously need to work on your writing skills...
my keyboard is messed the bottons dont hit unless i pound them, Oh and you spelt writing wrong its Righting, geez :rolleyes: :o ;) :eek2: :huh :chinese: :ermm: :mad: :macho :blah:

honduh440
02-23-2007, 10:18 PM
can u teach us how to customize mufflers for more horsepower?

scruff_mcruff
02-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by mach1stang
ok look all i am trying to say here if you all know of sombody that may be able to help let me know i know they are not the best quads out there but do you guys always throw away a quad every time the motor needs to be freshened up i dont think so :mad:

if its a lifan 125 4 stroke then its just a crf50 copy motor thats been stroked and bored. id look on ebay for people that sell parts for the china pitbikes.

trxwannbe
02-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
can u teach us how to customize mufflers for more horsepower? that is a ridiculous question hes saying he cut the baffle out....i hope so anyways cuz if he didn't then i need to be taught about this to because i was unaware of the fact that you could modifiy the silincers in any other way even the big companys are just basically recreating your siliencer without a baffle (and making the opening larger)

02-24-2007, 09:49 AM
type in pitbike engine or pitbike motor on ebay...theres tons of lifan 125cc motors

Wills 77

mach1stang
02-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
that is a ridiculous question hes saying he cut the baffle out....i hope so anyways cuz if he didn't then i need to be taught about this to because i was unaware of the fact that you could modifiy the silincers in any other way even the big companys are just basically recreating your siliencer without a baffle (and making the opening larger) no you dont cut the baffle out completely you cut the ends off of each end take the baffle out and drill bugger holes if you take the baffle out you will see a decrease in torque cuz less back preasure it is not hard just cut your pipe apart and find spots along the pipes inside to drill holes to free up air flow

mach1stang
02-24-2007, 10:06 AM
sorry i have to reply twice but i think i am going to do a chep hybrid on it cuz my sister rides it lot more than i do and she fits ok on it but i may a little bit bigger motor in it to get the best out of it

quad2xtreme
02-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
my keyboard is messed the bottons dont hit unless i pound them, Oh and you spelt writing wrong its Righting, geez :rolleyes: :o ;) :eek2: :huh :chinese: :ermm: :mad: :macho :blah:

Just so you don't go through life this way...spelt isn't a word (try spelled) and "writing" was correct.