PDA

View Full Version : Buying 87 250r and would like your imput

Hondaracer250r
02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey , iam considering trading my 2000 Skidoo Formula Z 700 for a 87 Honda 250r , it has been piped , twist throttle , filter , tires , ect. Its in good shape , only flaw is its a little faded. What do you think its worth ? Iam 5'11 and 230lbs , do you think it will be ok for my size or not ? I like to ride on the track and trails , is this wheeler good for that or should I look into something eles ? thanks !

my88r
02-23-2007, 10:25 PM
250r are great for all kinds of rideing and any chance to trade you should do it. i think the 87s are going for a least $2500

C-LEIGH RACING
02-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Sleds probably going to be worth more than the 250R right to start off with so get some cash to go along with it.

Check the engine compression, rear axle carrier bearings, front wheel bearings, chain & sprockets, brake pads.
Check frame around weld joints for chipped paint, that comes from a bend or crack, & eye the frame checking to see if its straight.

Any shape 250Rs better than have no R at all but just check it over close.
And for goodness sake, change out that twist throttle for a thum, that twist will get you in trouble real quick.
Neil

Crazy lil punk
02-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Sleds probably going to be worth more than the 250R right to start off with so get some cash to go along with it.

Check the engine compression, rear axle carrier bearings, front wheel bearings, chain & sprockets, brake pads.
Check frame around weld joints for chipped paint, that comes from a bend or crack, & eye the frame checking to see if its straight.

And for goodness sake, change out that twist throttle for a thum, that twist will get you in trouble real quick.
Neil

x2

Hondaracer250r
02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Well not such good news , it needs a stator and he will not replace it...so iam not gunna tade. I really need to get my sled sold but no such luck !

ChvyCruzen
02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING

Neil

x3 ... My first R came with a twist and I thought it was comfortable at first. A couple months later, it got me in trouble and I was lucky I didnt get hurt. After that I took it off and put the stock thumb throttle on. So much better and it's still pretty comfortable.