PDA

View Full Version : racing?

bearball12
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I just got a 2000 blaster last year and have gotten a fair amount of seat time. Was curious about getting into racing. Blaster is stock except for new tires. Plan on adding the tether and nerf bars. Any good suggestions on what type of racing a blaster is good for. I rode KX80 alot as a younger kid and now being a bit older(late 30s) have found something I have truely missed doing for a long time. Getting dirty with friends and my kids. I live near Rockford, Il if any suggestions on places to go to practice. Thanks for any and all comments.:D

ZSNOW
02-23-2007, 06:28 PM
your prolly not gonna wanna race a blaster...im guessing you weigh about 200 and round 6ft if you late 30's so your prolly not gonna wanna race a blaster unless u get stiffffff suspention because it will bottom out...but i could be wrong dpends on how big of a guy you are and how good you can land her

bearball12
02-23-2007, 06:59 PM
You nailed it right on the head(5'11, 190#). I had bought this mainly to go out riding with my kids. At the time wanted something cheap to run around on. Was hoping to maybe get my feet wet, and try a few different races this year. Then, hopefully with a little luck and persuassion, the wife and I can agree that I need a bigger and better quad.:devil:

ZSNOW
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
yah if you wanna race you can with that for a whiel but they were designed in the 80's and aren't the greatest for bigger guys...but if your just looking to get your feet wet then try it out see what you think

m.h.s.c.#527
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
motocross hill climbs flat track everything except xc really ans theyll hold up but u kinda want a 4 stroke 4 that

bearball12
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Any good spots to race down near Mtn. View MO. My parents live fairly close to there in Norwood. I ride quite a bit on their property with my kids.

ZSNOW
02-24-2007, 06:44 AM
if your gonna bring your kids to the track watch out...theres some crazy people there...kids kinda gotta stay out of the way cuz them guys get a little crazy with jumps and stuff

bradley300
02-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
motocross hill climbs flat track everything except xc really ans theyll hold up but u kinda want a 4 stroke 4 that
there is absolutly nothing wrong with racing a blaster in XC, they hold up in xc as well as any other quad

blasterandy
02-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Have fun with that. You will deffinitaly build som muscle and strong joints. They are really stiff on suspension. You may think about a 400ex or one of the bigger sport quads. Just because without some serious suspension mods you will be breaking alot of stuff on it. I weighed 115lb and am 5ft 4 when i had mine and i bottomed it out a pretty good bit on the bigger jumps not to mention that the whoops are gonna be he11 :D
But to get your feet wet i will probably be ok but i would plan on racing it to long.
Just my .02

Ace250
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
yea the blasters are alright for jumps but if you are going to race alot,dont count on it.I have a 2001 blaster that runs fine and is good shape.We have a 25 ft. double that i hit with it but it bottoms out really bad,makes scary sounds when that happens.So you would def. need to invest in a better sus. not to mention stuff falls off left and right but you really do need something bigger.