PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw exhaust

nytfr8
02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I was just on the Muzzy exhaust site and see that they now have a system instock and available. Has anyone used the Muzzy pipes? How do they compare to the HMF? They look like they are about 15 bucks cheaper as well.

calds650
02-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Muzzy does know how to make H.P. I will like too see a photo

nytfr8
02-23-2007, 07:49 PM
There is a picture of it on an Outlaw in the ATVsport mag that did the write up about mods for the Outlaw. It's not a very big picture, it looks to be just a round pipe, but in the description on the website it says that it is an oval.

nytfr8
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I just ordered a Muzzy slip on, should be here by next wednesday. I will give a report and post pics once I get it installed.

nytfr8
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
New Muzzy

nytfr8
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
another

nytfr8
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM

nytfr8
03-08-2007, 11:20 AM

nytfr8
03-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I finally got to ride with the new Muzzys pipe, I am extremely happy with the power gains. It pulls a hell of a lot harder than the stocker. I actually had to work at keeping the front wheels on the ground. I went riding with my buddy who also has an Outlaw 500, when we used to go out riding we were always about even, now mine with the Muzzy pulls away imediately. He has just the stock pipe with one of the new rev boxes. After riding with the new pipe on mine I got on his Outlaw and was amazed at the difference in power that the pipe gives. When he got on mine he was also impressed with the difference. I ended up jetting with a 170 Dynojet main and needle in the 3rd clip location. We are at about 3500 feet elevation and temp was around 60. I also run a K&N filter with no lid on the airbox. Another one of my friends has an Outlaw with the HMF slip on and we are going riding this coming weekend, it will be interesting to see hoe the two machines perform side by side, mine with the Muzzy and his with the HMF. I will let you all know how it goes.

dzklrz
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Mine came today but I was not home to sign for it so they will try again tomorrow. I can't wait.

Are ther any alterations to do so it will fit the Outlaw 525?

Thanks

nytfr8
03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure what or if any modifications are needed for the 525. I've just got a 500.

nytfr8
03-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Well went riding today with my buddy who has the Outlaw with the HMF and I with the Muzzy, we only were able to ride for about 45 minutes before I tore about a 3 inch chunk of side wall out of my Holeshot HDs. As far as the comparison between the two pipes we were not able to do much comparing but what we did notice is that the HMF with sparky and quiet core and my Muzzy with just the sparky is that the HMF was quite a bit louder than the Muzzy is. The pipes seem to add about the same power. My buddy rode mine and I rode his and he said that the Muzzy felt like it pulled a little bit harder than his HMF. I did'nt notice a huge difference when I rode the HMF, but he said he felt that the Muzzy makes a bit more power. We are going again sometime this week after my new tire shows up, so we'll see how that goes, hopefully we can ride for more than 45 minutes.

eerhard09
03-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey, good write up, sorry the tire tore out on you; that sucks! As far as slip-on's go, you probably will not notice much of a difference from one slip on to another but what you may notice is that one of you may be jetted better than the other. Most of the time, pipes are about the same unless you compare a full to a slip-on. Most of the time, slip-ons are a matter of looks because, like I said, they almost always match up the same. The Muzzy is a good looking pipe so I think you made a good choice, but I think you and your buddy will be almost neck and neck with all things even.... Again, good write up and great looking quad!

roczilla
03-26-2007, 11:45 PM
added the muzzy to 07 525 outlaw,fits great,looks and sound real nice,kept quiet core in place,still may not hit the 96 db that the forrest service wants,but its pretty close,power level was actually more than i expected,increased low and mid to such a level i rarly had to rev engine out,still need to perform jetting and the air box mods,i mostly ride at aprox 4000 ft,this weekend temp was in the high 60s...perfect riding conditions :cool:

tldPREDATORboy
03-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by nytfr8
well i just creamed my pants.that thing is ****ing sick!!!!

Dastump
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Nytrf8... how's the 170 jet holding up on yours, I have a full HMF running at 165 main with stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on screw and K&N with airbox off, wondering If I cant go up one more jet. I'm in middle Georgia so no real altitude at all. Lemme know If you have any advice.

Thanks,
E.Z.

nytfr8
03-31-2007, 05:17 AM
DASTUMP, I ended up going to a 175 dynojet, it was running just a tad on the lean side, seems to be about perfect now with the 175.

18thecaptain
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
i got my muzzy full exhaust. were did your buddy get the rev box ?

nytfr8
05-01-2007, 03:57 AM
I believe he bought one from off of ebay