PDA

View Full Version : 06 Clutch

Nick110
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I will be looking at the clutch this weekend on my quad and I have no idea what to look for. Like what will need replacement, or what are some of the areas that are prone to going bad or wearing out.

Then I need to know what aftermarket stuff I should get to freshen it up. I was looking at the Honda Clutch package. Any good?

PS- I have one full race season on it.

lumi
02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
imo the honda clutch is great but a bit pricey....

i heard tusk clutch is good but if ur running alot of hp look for some good springs

-lumi

450rJam
02-23-2007, 06:23 PM
do a search, there is a clutch mod on here somewhere, you add a disc and it helps slipping and lasts longer.

Nick110
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by lumi
imo the honda clutch is great but a bit pricey....

i heard tusk clutch is good but if ur running alot of hp look for some good springs

-lumi

I only have a cam, piston, full exhaust, and intake. So not high HP.

Sjorge450R
02-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I only have a cam, piston, full exhaust, and intake. So not high HP.

you are looking for wear marks right? Just check to make sure there is still some fiber left on the plates. As for that mod, all you do is remove hte judder springs from the rear of the clutch and remove the small friction plate and put a normal one in. Makes for a better grab.

lumi
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
correct if u want to stick with the stock clutch setup as in honda than u have to ask urself how well has it held up. the main job for the clutch is to get the power to the tranny and disengage the power accordingly.

so as long as the setup doesnt slip under the power u have and accel and can engage/disengage properly the setup is good.

i have heard great stuff from the tusk clutch.. but if u got the money and the honda setup has been working good than go for it again.

-lumi

Nick110
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by lumi
correct if u want to stick with the stock clutch setup as in honda than u have to ask urself how well has it held up. the main job for the clutch is to get the power to the tranny and disengage the power accordingly.

so as long as the setup doesnt slip under the power u have and accel and can engage/disengage properly the setup is good.

i have heard great stuff from the tusk clutch.. but if u got the money and the honda setup has been working good than go for it again.

-lumi

Ok thanks for the Info guys I really appriciate it. Im gonna go with the Honda Clutch kit because I can get it for about 75 bucks at my local dealer.