PDA

View Full Version : set up

woodsracer144
02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
ok im gonna buy abunch of parts from a friend and build a mx race ready quad and keep my blaster i have now for the trail quad W/ oil injection.
since alot of you guys and gals race these things for many years what the best set up, with alot of power.
heres what im gonna get so far, a +3 hendricks stroker motor that is a 200cc motor, a frame, tank throttle rear brakes and tires all the way around, and a few other things.
im planyin on takein the hendrecks head and puting a LA sleeve in to make a 240 and i think a 240 with a +3 will be enough power for me. i have a list of parts i've looked in to and looked at and look like a good buy, i just wanna know from the racers what good and whats not.
thanks!

blasterandy
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
well ya got aways to go before its anything worth racing but. Start out just getting it running before you go and dump money in to the motor. That includes every thing except for things you are thinking of modding. Get the cases carb all that stuff get it to turn over and start. Then go from there. I would wait until the very end for the asthetics. Start with suspension. (ground up in the literal since) A-arms and swinger, personal pref. being lagers. (get some used shocks w/ resies)Notice before you get into this. Building a quad is a huge undertaking. You have to aquire every bolt and screw. from the axle to the plastic bolts. Buy quality parts and in the long run you wont find yourself upa ****creek.

woodsracer144
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
what are good shocks and what are bad shocks?
i dont like works unlessther the black wids. but i donk thinkthere made for a blaster. any other parts

blaster99
03-04-2007, 06:50 AM
well for mx? well your going to want to get all new tires, 18ich in the rear 20 inch in the front, the get a pipe and then a few other motor mods... reeds, carb, air box. then go with suspension. the best setup imo. is sms +5 5/8ths long travle a-arms, with elka tripple rates. then in the rear elka dual rate with sms +3 swingarm and an lsr +4 axle. the go motor. cheak the rules of the series or track your going to race at. many tracks dont alow blasters over 200cc in the blaster class! then get all your motor work. the firebreater from pb or jsut a dimind motor is awsome. then.. you have yourself a fast mx blaster.

newnick
03-04-2007, 07:21 AM
You would be better off buying one thats allready setup, if done right. They sell for about half of what it costs to build one.

woodsracer144
03-04-2007, 01:01 PM
how much are they? i found a pb rides on her and they wanted 5000 and i dont wanna paythat much when i can build it how i want for that much
i was lookin for trip. rates in the elka and i couldnt find any. i also dont wanna spend 2 grand on new fronts and a rear

newnick
03-04-2007, 02:26 PM
They usually start at 5k, then sell for 3-3.5k. Theres not many people looking for Blasters.

blaster99
03-05-2007, 04:03 AM
you probibly could have gotten all the parts from the live2ride777 kid on pb. he was selling al his aftermarket parts, but since nothing sold, he had to keep his blaster.

blasterandy
03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Elka is a very good choice. I dunno if pep makes blaster shock but they would be the best imo

woodsracer144
03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
how are the prm axles? and what cand i run for the SMS a-arms, like the stock blaster ones or banshee or yfz? whats a good stem? i want this thing top knoch, i added up the price of parts off people that parting it out and i think the procing would be about right and it came outto be about 2500-2700 depending on if i changed any thing and thats every thing, motor and all
i think i'm gonna do good!