PDA

View Full Version : gncc's vs tall mx tire

cals400ex
02-23-2007, 12:43 PM
i am looking for a new set of rear tires. i do like the looks of the gncc's on paper, however i have never seen them in real life. i am looking for an all around tire. i do not mind of they wear fast. one of my key goals is light weight. itp claims their gncc's are light, but not as light as their mx tires. i do not mind a 2 or 4 ply tire, even though the gncc's are 6 ply. i just don't want it to be really short or really tall. i kind of like the size of the 20 inch kenda knarlys. they are shorter than all other 20 inch tire that i have used (klaws, razrs, i-razrs, holeshots, holeshot xc's, etc) but they are taller than the mx tires. how do the gncc's rank up in terms of size to these tires? my other option is to get a set of 19 inch mx tires. does anyone make 19 inch mx tires besides itp? any help would be great.

Tater049
02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I had the Holeshot GNCC's, and i really didnt like them. For me they wore too fast. But, that was really my only problem. They were really light compared to the other tires. I only have tried Holeshot HD's, Sand Stars, Holeshot GNCC's, and Holeshot MXR6's. For you the GNCC's would be good i hope.