PDA

View Full Version : Misc. parts suggestions

wilkin250r
02-23-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm in the process of rebuilding. I know my engine stuff, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with the smaller miscellaneous items. Brake levers, shift levers, brake lines, bar clamps. I've always just used basic stuff, but I think it's time to upgrade.

Gimme some examples of stuff that you guys have actually used, and some good and bad points about them.

I don't think I'm going to go with a hydraulic clutch, but I know some people have used certain clutch levers and perches that were easy to pull. Any advice? Beerock had one that he liked, does he ever get on here anymore?

I imagine shifters are pretty much all the same, anybody find or use something that works better than others?

Aftermarket hubs? Brake lines? Brake rotors?

Slinky
02-23-2007, 04:07 AM
i use CR style clutch purches, they seem to have a nice pull to them. as for brake lines upgrade to either streamline or gafler stainless lines. i always upgrade my bars/clamps to a 1 1/8" bar and clamp. the other stuff, rotors and hubs, i just run stock

250r4life
02-23-2007, 08:46 AM
i have the msr pro-raptor clutch assembly on my R and love it... you can adjust how hard you want it to be to pull, and it got the shorty so i only use two fingers to pull it with...

RockyMountain atv for $45

norcalduner
02-23-2007, 09:23 AM
bars ... cr hi fat bar or renthal 7/8 trx bend (better)
clutch ... any brand adjust on the fly clutch lever with a motion pro terminator cable
brakes ... stock rotors, ebc pads, galfer s/s lines
sprockets ... renthal front and rear, did or rk chain(better)
chassis bearings ... oem honda

any other aftermarket billet stuff ... pro design shifter, tusk fuel tank cap, lsr antifade axle nut

almost forgot ... smith full waffle soft grips (best)

wishmasstir
02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
i use a houser stem w/anti vibe clamp w/1 1/8" pro taper windham bars, if your front master cylinder is sloppy pick up a 450r one and give that a try and dont forget oury grips. i use a cr250 clutch lever/perch which is pretty much what the pep ez pull lever/perch is. any billet shifter/brake pedal would look good and fix a twisted up one. i dont think aftermarket hubs would really improve anything unless your splines are shot on your current ones, i use hipers w/integrated hubs and never had a problem with them at all. braided brake lines will help with the feel of the brakes, i use ebc brake pads and they work pretty good but the honda pads last forever. braking brake system rotors help with cooling but i never noticed anything in the feel of the brakes by switching to an aftermarket rotor

250r4life
02-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by norcalduner

almost forgot ... smith full waffle soft grips (best)

what are you talking about? have you even seen star wars? ;)

its all about the oury grips!!! :D

norcalduner
02-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
what are you talking about? have you even seen star wars? ;)

its all about the oury grips!!! :D

lol ... sorry, my bad:D

250r4life
02-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by norcalduner
lol ... sorry, my bad:D

lol :D

wilkin250r
02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Anybody run ASV levers? I see advertisements all the time claiming they are really good, but you can't trust advertisements.

EXtreme-
02-26-2007, 05:12 AM
I just picked up a MSR lever with "on the fly" for 30 bucks, which is the exact same perch that Works Connection sells for 130.00 It's so nice, I might get 3 more of em. Rocky mountain has pics.

zedicus00
02-28-2007, 07:22 AM
i run levers off of honda CBR street bikes... the front brake master cilinder works a lot better and i just use the matching clutch perch and lever...well, cuz that way they match.

i run a set of dirt bike low bends on a antivibe stem so the bar hiet equals out to about stock.

450R complete front end

no link rear built out of a stock aluminum swinger....

modded 400ex polished throttle

theres tons of tricks u can do to make the handling better for fairly cheep compared to pure aftermarket stuff... who wants to pay 100$ for a set of levers and more for a easy pull throttle...

screaminta
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I run both asv levers, got them in anodized red to match the bike. I actually like them alot, and they are guaranteed not to break. I picked the set up off of ebay for really cheap, and they are really trick!! They were a refurbished set that was returned to asv for repair. Basically, i guess someone may have broken them or whatever, ASV refurbished them and resold them on ebay. My clutch lever is absolutely perfect, and the only thing wrong with them was the the sticker on the brake lever was off center!! Even the refurbished ones come with a 1 year warranty i believe. I cant really remember But i think i got them both (clutch lever and perch, and brake lever) for cheaper than the price of just a new brake lever. Basically, I like them alot.

oldskoolex400
02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
i run the asv clutch lever and like it alot, i will be buying a matching brake lever soon

oldskoolex400
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
i gotta a quick ? also can i get a asv lever to run on my yz250?