PDA

View Full Version : How To Check the 400ex Spark Plug

400exrapes
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
i searched a little not great luck but can someone give me a quick detailed explination with pictures of where the spark plug is and how to take it out and check if its right i know what to look for in signs for lean, rich or perfect

hornetgod13
02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
You honestly don't know where the spark plug is? That's scarey. If you're that lost you might seriously consider paying someone to work on your quad. If not, check your owners manual for plug removal and the "how to" forum for plug check procedures.

02-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Here's my plug....

http://www.hunt101.com/img/471226.jpg

My Clymer's book says this is about right.

400exrapes
02-23-2007, 08:54 AM
well i know where it is i was just confirming and whoever showed me their spark plug thats great man thats not what i asked

02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
well i know where it is i was just confirming and whoever showed me their spark plug thats great man thats not what i asked

Don't give me attitude, pal, when YOU are the one asking for help.

:rolleyes:

What did you mean when you asked "...check if its right i know what to look for in signs for lean, rich or perfect..."

The way to "check if its right" is to see if its "lean, rich or perfect."

If you want better answers, try using complete sentences, punctuation and capitalization.

So we know what the heck yer talking about. Don't give us crap if yer hen scratch is unintelligible.

Don't expect us to care about your problems more than you do. If yer too lazy to properly express yourself, then you get what you get.

:ermm:

02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
And what the heck is "ex rapes??"

Want respect? Act respectably.

400exrapes
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
haha my bad dude i wasnt trying to make it sound disrespectful i was just wondering where the spark plug actually was i already knew that what color the spark plug needed to be i wasnt trying to be an jerk about it sorry if it came out that way

02-23-2007, 11:09 AM
haha my bad dude i wasnt trying to make it sound disrespectful i was just wondering where the spark plug actually was i already knew that what color the spark plug needed to be i wasnt trying to be an jerk about it sorry if it came out that way

Ok...

Its threaded into the front, top of the motor..... there's a spark plug wire hiding it.

Next lesson: location of the tires and gas tank.

:devil:

400exrapes
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
lol sorry about it i guess just thats only confusing i know a good amount about my quad just that was one thing i was just clueless where

02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by garandman
there's a spark plug wire hiding it.

hehehehe

when i brought the new 450r home, i didn't know where the spark was on it either. at least until the enxt day when i got a chance to look over the bike...that should be one of the first things you do, is familiarize yourself with where everthing is at...

Pappy
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
lol sorry about it i guess just thats only confusing i know a good amount about my quad just that was one thing i was just clueless where

ignore know it all with an attitude, he must not be getting any from home:rolleyes: grandman, he may be to scared to tell you to go get jacked, so i will gladly say it for him. cut the kid some slack.

to answer your question without making myself feel superior and degrade you because that is the highlight of ones day..... the spark plug is located just above your exhaust header at the front of the engine. You will need the proper tool from your tool kit to remove it, a standard 5/8 spark plug socket will not work as it is to thick. clean the area good before attempting to remove it and allow enough time for water to dry before removing the plug.

Mxjunkie
02-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by garandman
And what the heck is "ex rapes??"

Want respect? Act respectably.

Some thing's are better left unsaid..... :scary:

400exrapes
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
thanks for the help pappy

02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
LOL

As usual, just too funny.