PDA

View Full Version : Mega bomb

4TraxRider
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, I ended up getting a Megabomb header for christmas and have really hated it. I'm wondering if anybody else has had any experience with them. It leaks by the muffler connection and at the, motor and the "bomb" part is melting everything plastic within 6 inches of it. The springs supplied are also not strong enough to keep the header from moving and vibrating. Did I get a bad one or are they all like that. I ended up putting my stock header on and am going to call FMF and see what they can do.

cbr
02-22-2007, 07:16 PM
that sucks man, and i was planning to get that pipe eventually.

bwamos
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Did you put in a new gasket at the engine. That should NOT leak. You can not re-use those gaskets.

The area at the silencer can leak.

The bomb is probably getting so hotter because of the air leak at the head.

TWILES
02-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Did you put in a new gasket at the engine. That should NOT leak. You can not re-use those gaskets.

The area at the silencer can leak.

The bomb is probably getting so hotter because of the air leak at the head.

What he said.

4TraxRider
02-23-2007, 09:46 PM
It came with what looks like a copper gasket but the springs they supplied don't have enough tension to keep the header in place. When you hit the gas you can see the header move out from the head about a 1/4 inch or so. I'm going to try to order 2 more springs and a new gasket and double the springs up and maby find a better type of high temp silicone to seal by the can.

cbr
02-24-2007, 07:18 AM
id call fmf and demand tem to fix the problem/ or have them send you another pipe.

"THE ShoP"
02-28-2007, 10:48 PM
you have to bolt it to the head first to correctly line it up, you might also have to move it around to get it to seat rite. mine was the same way it took awhile to get it rite but you'll get it if you try for a bit

bwamos
03-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
It came with what looks like a copper gasket but the springs they supplied don't have enough tension to keep the header in place. When you hit the gas you can see the header move out from the head about a 1/4 inch or so. I'm going to try to order 2 more springs and a new gasket and double the springs up and maby find a better type of high temp silicone to seal by the can.

Did you remove the factory gasket? (Always have to ask the obvious, you'd be supprised how many times I've missed the obvious.. lol).

Perhaps you got 2 sets of springs for the rear connection. I would imagine the front ones would need to be a bit stiffer. I'm not exactly sure how the LTR fits up.. so I cant really help much more than that.

I wouldn't worry about the rear connection, unless it's just annoying. It's not going to hurt performance any. It's pretty normal for that connection to leak.

4TraxRider
03-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I just got all my stuff back and put it together again. It seems much better this time. I doubled up the springs coming off of the motor and it hold much better. I put an exhaust clamp I found at my local dealer for an unknown quad and it sealed up the header silencer connection well. I guess I must have put something together wrong the first time or somthing. It still has a small amount of vibration the stock header never had but I can live with it. Thanks for the help guys.