PDA

View Full Version : Which Shocks? Post Some Pics.

Sparks425Ex
10-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Which ones? Post some Pics

trx400ex
10-01-2002, 03:29 PM
i say ZPS here is a pic, i also gota show off some new parts

Nausty
10-01-2002, 04:03 PM
i'd go with pep zps my self.

10-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Def go with PEP ZPS.

QuadRacer041
10-01-2002, 05:09 PM
wow all these votes for zps, whats the deal???
were are all the elka fans?

by the way, go with pep zps:

400MXer
10-01-2002, 05:15 PM
I wish i had some pics to show ya but i dont. i'd go with the
PEP ZPS. I love mine.

400exRacerX
10-01-2002, 05:16 PM
Axis

racerx573
10-01-2002, 05:53 PM
I would go with PEP, just cz theyve been in the game a longer. But I got Elkas cuz I didnt wanna wait, also you might consider TCS. Here is mine:

Mity Mo
10-01-2002, 06:17 PM
I have the TCS shocks. They are good shocks BUT I dont like their high speed bump travel. What I mean is at high speeds when you hit braking bumps or ruts they dont give you the stability I think they should. I am having mine converted to ZPS shocks. Mo

10-02-2002, 07:20 AM
Works..:o

Tommy 17
10-02-2002, 01:25 PM
elkas... y wait months when u can wait a week, save 100$ and have just as good if not better shocks... pep still use the works body even...

QuadRacer041
10-02-2002, 01:39 PM
if im not mistakin, im almost postive that the zps shocks do NOT use works bodies. when i was going to buy my zps, i called nac's and pep to ask them that question and they said they are not works bodies, the zps use a 5/8" shaft and the works use a 1/2".

Tommy 17
10-02-2002, 01:49 PM
lou jeff just said yesterday or the day b4 that they still do and they look identically the same... let me see if i can find the post for ya...

QuadRacer041
10-02-2002, 01:50 PM
i dont want to get flamed on for this but, i dont care what anyone tells me this is what i believe,,,if the elkas were so good the pro's would be using them. and dont give me this give them time and then they will, be because i think the pro's get a first crack at everything.
look at cannondale, its there first year out and there are a $hit load of pro's using them, were are the elka's?they must think the dales are that good or they wouldnt use them. ive been hereing about some problems that the dales are having, but the pros are still using them.now if they elkas were so good, were are they at the pro level?
as far as im concerned the best shocks avalible are axis and pep.
im sure elka's are good shocks, ive never ridin them so i can say they suck but i dont think they are in the same league as axisa and pep.
ive seen so many people on this site say that the quiality is unmatched, they use the best parts, well the best parts dont mean $hit is they dont work right.

ok...................... im ready to get reammed by all you elka owners now,:macho

QuadRacer041
10-02-2002, 01:53 PM
o yeah one more thing, dont tell me the pro's get stuff for free thats why they use axis and pep because you have to be a dumb ***** to use something thats free if its not gonna make you competative.

Tommy 17
10-02-2002, 01:58 PM
well lou this is my opinion and i'm not flamin u but...

for the average every day weekend warrior like me and 90% of the people on this site elka is the best bang for the buck... y wait 4 to 6 months for the pep when we can have our elkas that are goin to make no differnce for us in 7 dayz or less... y would we waste another 80$+ on the pep when the elkas are cheaper and will work just as fine... everyone say o yeah no pros what so ever run the elkas hmmmmmmmmmmmm it seems that chad duvell wins alot of races with the elkas on his fst 505 but wait a min i forgot that means **** to u die hard mx guyz... did u ever think that mayb elka don't have the time to back up a pro yet or mayb no pros will leave pep bc pep has good backing behind them... just bc elka is new to the sport don't mean crap... i have no problems with my elkas and for goin out once a month to a mx track or goin out woods riding every day they have been awesome and i can't ask for anything better...

and when i called about a c-dale today the guy told me this... i'm not allowed to sell u a c-dale right now bc they had problems with the arens(think thats what he said i never heard the name b4) shocks and they are workin out a deal with elka right now to put on all of their line up of c-dales...

QuadRacer041
10-02-2002, 01:59 PM
tommy, i just called nac's again they said no, he hand makes his own bodies and sends them out to be welded and chromed.

if you want to call nac's its #845-246-3086
pep # 909-590-4111

QuadRacer041
10-02-2002, 02:03 PM
ok tommy, i understand what your saying but in your earlier post you, and ive heard other poeple say it too, "elka's are just as good if not better"thats what you said.
now i agree that for the money and the wait, for a weekend warrior like yourself they are awsome.
but i dont think they are better then pep's
also you are correct, i am basing all my info on mx, im not really into gncc so i really dont know how many top level riders use them.

Tommy 17
10-02-2002, 02:31 PM
lou i seriously think they are just as good if not better and the average rider like me will never tell the differnce... theres also no beef between us... i'm just stating my opinion on shocks...

Pappy
10-02-2002, 02:41 PM
yeah i would have to say for mx....pep zps is a very good choice....but most...and i mean most riders wont be able to tell a ton off difference between the top level of shocks available.

Sparks425Ex
10-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Well guys you seem to be havign a debate that is a no winner. From what i have heard everyoen say this is my conclusion:

If you are gona be a weekend worrior then Elka is teh Way to go. Not saying they are bad but it seems that they are not top Notch race material.

For all you Mx racers out there. Not the guys that go everyonce an a while here is what i have to say. Pep is better for you. If you are gonna race every weekend and you want your shocks to be top notch and hold up for a long time then it seems PEP is the way to go.

I race Mx every weekend and during the week i ride a track on Wed. and ever Fri. for practice before race day. I don't wanna wait 4 months but i want Pep. I think i might just go with Elkas unless somone knows how i can get them in like 2-4 weeks.

Let me know

Tommy 17
10-02-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex

If you are gona be a weekend worrior then Elka is teh Way to go. Not saying they are bad but it seems that they are not top Notch race material.

um ur totaly wrong there... elka is top notch quality... what is wrong with them??? i never had one problem with mine and i've rode alot on them... by weekend warrior i ment a person that goes out and rides regular district mx races not GNC PRO NATIONALs... seriously though go buy the pep wait ur months and have less money and i will be out on the track and trails with my elkas with a :D

Dave400ex
10-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Get Works! They are awesome. ;) I love my Elka`s and if I had to do it over again I would still get Elka`s. If I was rich I would run Axis though...

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 06:21 PM
I believe Works are the best shock for the price!!!! but then again,,,im just a drag racer and play rider!!!

airheadedduner
10-03-2002, 01:31 PM
I can't stand works. I ran them for a while and to me they blow through traval too quick and have too much roll in corners. I have ohlins now and I think they are awesome but need to be valved for me. If I where to buy again TCS or Ohlin's.

10-03-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
and have too much roll in corners.

I have to agree with that,,but they still work great for me..

400exBro
10-03-2002, 03:21 PM
i agree with rico they work fine until you decide to hit those 70+ foot gaps then she might give ya a rought ride.

i feel the body roll ain t as bad as the stockers but there are some..
lata
Bro

Nausty
10-03-2002, 04:11 PM
heres a pic of my shocks

Derek
10-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Elka, Elka, Elka!!!!!!!!