PDA

View Full Version : Works Stadium Series or Elka Triple Rates W/SSD

Sparks425Ex
10-01-2002, 02:35 PM
OK here is the deal people:

I just talked to Terry Marcum for abotu 30 mins. About shocks and A Arms.

I told him i was deff. getting some Shocks and A arms this winter. I told him i was thinking that i was gonan go wiht Houser +2 A arms. Which he thought was a great idea.

Then i turned around and said i was gonan get Elka Triple Rates W/ Piggy Back Rezzies and SSD.

His Tone totally changed as he dis couraged me to get these. He said they are ok shocks but he said that he has heard many bad things about them. Such as them putting different amount of oil into each rezzies adn things of that nature.

He advised me to go with the Work Stadium Series Shocks. He said they are great and better then Elkas. He said not to metion that they are both Comp. And Rebound Adjust. Where the Elkas i was looking at are only Comp. Adjust.

I asked him abtou P.E.P and he also sad he would rather run P.E.P

I was so confused. I was told my millions of ppl to go with P.E.P Zps or Elka Triple Rates.

What does everyone think i should do.

The most money i can spend is what ever it cost to get P.E.P ZPS.

I don't know what to do. Please Help. I am gonna have to get new Shocks soon and i gotta make up my mind.

O yeah And BTW: I race only MX and also Freestyle.

Sorry so long.

Ex'r Marlin
10-01-2002, 03:43 PM
I think you did good by listening to his advice and writting it down. I think the next step is to talk with someone else and hear their ideas. Like you stated, you are only interrested in MX and freestyle... So I would make sure you bring that up. Dealers are usually aware of problems customers have had on the products they sell, so their advice should be something to consider, but I would recommend getting more than one persons advice, even though I think Terry Marcum is very knowledgeable on his products he sells. The good news is that you are not in a hurry to get them... So do your research and let us know what you find! Good luck!:)

trx400ex
10-01-2002, 03:52 PM
look at what alot of guys are running for motocross, for every guy running elka at the nationals, 20 run PEP.... alot of the top pros run them and not just because they sponser them, dana creech said if he (wayne mooriadian) ever stops sponsoring him he will still buy them.... works stadium series are obviusly not going to be up to PEP standards, i think they even use 1/2 inch shafts.... i wouldnt consider them myself, but thats my opinion

Nausty
10-01-2002, 04:00 PM
pep...

MXQUAD294
10-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Doug Gust dropped PEP for Axis.

buckNbanshee
10-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Elkas;)

forum
10-02-2002, 04:57 PM
works stadium series use 5/8 shafts.

forum
10-02-2002, 04:58 PM
also. Talk to jeff@quadshop he liked the houser/elka setup better then the roll/axis setup. and he sell's both so it's not cause of that.