PDA

View Full Version : always have wanted to know....

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
how do you get sponsored?

ZSNOW
02-21-2007, 07:16 PM
i was wandering this too....if anyone wants to give one up i;ll take it:D

161xchonda
02-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Make a resume and send it to a company. Helps if you win some races. Make sure you know the resume deadline too.

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:18 PM
www.sponsorhouse.com

Creat a profile and send it to diffrent companies.

Also I created a racing resume. I go to diffrent companies websites and get there address like No toil and even you local dealers and give it to them your resume. If they want you they will send you a contract. Some places even sponsor non racers. I then always email them or update my sponsorhouse profile with race results and send pics to my sponsors.

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:20 PM
so basically if your not a racer you dont have that great of a chance to get sponsored?

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Correct most companies seem to want to sponsor racers. But the good thing you don't have to be a great racer to have sponsors.

I got 17th overall in Class B and best finish was 9th place and I still get sponsors. But I was consistently in the top 15.

Really you just gotta show repect, show your sponsors you care and place there name everywhere and they love you. Winning is just a bonus.:) (and can get you free stuff lol)

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:29 PM
yea ive always have wanted to get sponsored to try to get some free stuff but the problem is im having a hard time trying to find xc races around where i live in ohio....so the sponsors might be a no go...:ermm:

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Not sure where you are located but here are some ohio links

http://www.district11ama.com/

http://www.d12ama.com/

http://www.modelaircraft.org/districtlinks.asp

Also you don't get free stuff right away ussually just discounts. You have to earn your free stuff

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
ive also heard something about hare scramble races what are those?and would a banshee be good for them?

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
ive also heard something about hare scramble races what are those?and would a banshee be good for them?

Hare scramble and Cross Country are basically the same thing.

Banshee I raced one for a coupe years. Got used to it. Wasn't that bad if you can handle the power. But now I raced a 416ex last year and it was a night and day diffrence could lug it around corner and didn't have to shift as much.

05Z400rdr
02-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
....if anyone wants to give one up i;ll take it:D

i have like 5 or 6 that i have that i need to get rid of cuz i found out i cant race this season now :( .....but yeah...that would be kool if i could just give them to you:p lol

m.h.s.c.#527
02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
i just send it in tell them what i can do for them and its mostly just discounts

honda350r
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Mostly only Very rich people get sponsored.

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Mostly only Very rich people get sponsored.

Says who? I only make 25k a year and I have some sponsors

elementryder
02-22-2007, 04:58 AM
anyone can get sponsored im 14 but im one of the best in my class around here

ZSNOW
02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
what are some easy sponsers...i am racing my first race this year in MX and i need some help with money and parts...

STEVENJANNA
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
what are some easy sponsers...i am racing my first race this year in MX and i need some help with money and parts...
It's gonna be difficult for you to get any now because companies usually only accept resume's from Oct. thru Dec./Jan..
In my experience anyone with a presentable resume will get some sort of support. Just remember that if a sponsor supports you, you are a expected to be representative for that company. There are 2 things that directly determine how mucch support you get finishes and loyalty (length of time with a sponsor). Sponsorhouse is good but I think it's a little saturated. Nothing beats a good resume and pressing the flesh with potential sponsors, it always helps to get your face out there. Since you're new to the game I would get a list together of companies who's products you like and use and go after them.

ZSNOW
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
yah i kinda fingured i was a little late...i really like itp and douglas stuff for tires wheels and i like fmf for my 4 stroke exhuasts...hot cams anyone i can get a t the moment i might go down to the local dealer and show them a resume