PDA

View Full Version : revalve and respring stock ltr shocks

05Z400rdr
02-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I am really considering getting my stock shocks "redone." I dont have the money to buy new shocks since i just bought my ltr. if i do this, what all should i get done to them?....springs and valves, or just valves, or just springs?...and what company do you's recommend getting them done by?....and a guesstimate on how much $? cuz i only way about 125 lbs (only 14 years old) and i let the stock springs out the whole way, and they're still stiff as he!!

Thanks!
Landon

TWILES
02-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Keep the springs all the way out and turn the compression to the softest. You'll have to play with the rebound a little. Those shocks are ment to be hammered. They are going to be stiff.
If you really want to get them rebuilt check with Elka. I had a rear Banshee shock turned into their ZPS and bought the fronts. It didn't have any more travel but it didn't feel like a rebuilt/converted shock either. I didn't have any complaints.

AL Elks
02-21-2007, 08:17 PM
I-shock does an excellent job of revalving the LTR shocks. They were running a special for around $300 when they first started doing them but I'm sure it's over now. You might want to give them a call. The stock shocks will break in and get a little softer but I'm like you on the soft stuff they are just too stiff for my liking. They will take the had stuff in stride though.

csimp3
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah, ishock will do the fronts for $199 (for the pair) and $199 for the rear, plus shipping, and they said it will be less than 1 week in the shop, also it is just a re-valve, not re-spring, but they say it adds 1 inch of travel and helps alot

Colby@C&DRacing
02-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Our full conversion triple rate front dual rate rear with travel extenders and a rework on the rear compression adjuster ( so it actually works) is $800 for all three turn around is less than a week. We also replace all three stock valve bodies with cnc machined hard anodized ones that flow better.

z-hindle
02-22-2007, 08:29 AM
You should look at www.tcsracing.com

I've a rear stock shock rebuilt and it's perfect!!!

I also have triple rate tcs front shock and it's perfect too!!!!

05Z400rdr
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
awesome thanks guys! i just got off the phone with i-shock. they said $199 for the fronts plus the shipping which will probably only be around $20. I really hope dad lets me do this!! =)...or....my birthday is coming up soon too....:D

I can't wait...hopefully i will be aloud to get this done...the only down side is that if i do do it, my ltr will be sitting for about 3 weeks w/out shocks...:( ....but it sounds worth it. they really sounded convincing on the phone! thanks again...and i'll let you's know what i decide or what im aloud to do!!!!

:D

Landon

05Z400rdr
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
awesome...i decided and am aloud to send my shocks to ischock to get redone...i cant wait. shipping them out tomorrow. the bad part of it is tho that my 4wheeler will be left in the garage sitting like this for about 3 weeks "unridable"...

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2007, 08:06 AM
The stock spring rates on the LTR a way to stiff for anything but hard core mx. To get the most out of those shocks you really need new springs

bwamos
02-23-2007, 09:03 AM
You also may want to get the rear done soon also. Having soft fronts and a stiff rear is going to buck you around a lot.

TWILES
02-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I saw where Noleen is making shocks and redoing stock shocks. Anyone had any dealings with them?