PDA

View Full Version : best set up?

woodsracer144
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
ok my cusin has a 87? 250r, (it has the OME all white plastic) and it has a fmf hgold seires header and i think a dg sci. not sure, i told him when he wanterd to sell it let me know and he said that he would sell it to be but he had to talk to his brother first becasue they got it together.

i was woundersing what is the best set up for motor and for mx and ridein in woods and trail to go for place to place, list from tiresto shocks, to motor mods, to exhaust to any thing, im 15 and im workin at 2 jobs and they pay fairly well i think. thanks! i think that i can get the quad for under 2 but i have to make it first because i dont wanna sell any of my other toys.
thanks!

wilkin250r
02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
There really isn't a "best" setup, it depends on your riding style, and your wallet.

If you want everything top-notch, that's going to cost you a ridiculous amount of money, like $15,000.

If you are looking for the "best" (or as close as you can get), you are better off spending $4000 on your quad to start that has many of those upgrades, rather than $2000 for a bargain quad and $5000 later for the same upgrades.

kiesta00
02-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Depends on the size of your wallet, like wilkins said....and how much time you have on your hands for a rebuild. It all depends on how much you want out of the bike. For just a play bike, it shouldn't be too expensive. If you want a bike that'll decimate all, then you gotta sink some money in it!!

Any upgrade from a stock part will generally give good results, especially in the suspension.

woodsracer144
02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
im want it as a play/ race quad, like whats the best exhaust for low mid and top, and wat are some mods i should do first, im startin a blaster project soon. and i wanna make a 250 race readt,
heres a little about how i ride, i ride alot on open feilds and i have abunch of trails, some hills some woods and some mx. and i have to travle through woods to get from place to place. i love to jump and i like alot of power at all times and alot of topend speed, i alps dont want a gas hog i know that the 250r use s alot of gas but theres ways to hold that down.

fireburns99
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144

heres a little about how i ride, i ride alot on open feilds and i have abunch of trails, some hills some woods and some mx. and i have to travle through woods to get from place to place. i love to jump and i like alot of power at all times and alot of topend speed, i alps dont want a gas hog i know that the 250r use s alot of gas but theres ways to hold that down.

There is NO way you are going to hold gas consumption down AND have power. 2-strokes make all their power up top, which means your running high rpm, which = high gas consumption.

For the riding you're describing i would recommend an LRD adjustable pipe, or i have had really good luck with the fmf pipe. The fmf is a great all around pipe.

Another mod is you could install a cr head gasket to bump up compression but you would need to run higher octane gas. It's all about how much you want to spend. Gives us a ball park on what you're willing to spend and we'll help you out.

woodsracer144
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
the sky is the limit. im just gonna add mods slowly. im not gonna take 15000 and buy a crap load of parts