PDA

View Full Version : 300ex charging problem

redrider330
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
okay first of all i just put a brand new battery in it and i forgot 2 tightnen my ground cablr good and tight well i rode my buddys crf 250x all day why he rode my 300 and it stred shutting off and wouldnt strat well the ground was off but as long as u would hold the cable on there it would strat and u could ride 4 a lil while and it would shut off but if u held it on there while it was running u woul;d be alright wel so i brought it home and tightned it knowi rode it 4 a while now and it wont start the sole noid just makes a weird sounf not a click but my buddy boosted me off and it fired right up wat kind of charging system do i have on it and tell me wy it is doin this

thinks jon

born2ride14
02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
just get a battery charger from a pep boys and charge it 1 day

honda300EXtreme
02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
you need to charge your battery, because it wasnt grounded so the charging system wasnt working properly so pretty much you were just draining the battery with out recharging it. so put it on a slow charge and hopefull it will come back.

Ryan22
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
my battery always goes down if u leave the key on and then it'l take a day or so of charging to get it fully juiced up one of our batterys was so shot we had to get a new one

bwamos
02-22-2007, 12:45 PM
That's because your CDI draws a consistent charge. You have to turn it off.

The OP, needs to trickle charge his battery back to full. I'd also clean the ground connection.

redrider330
02-22-2007, 03:57 PM
thinks guys i thought that could have been it cause my other buddy told me today that u r supposed 2 charge it b 4 u ride neways so i will try it this weekend and tell u all if it works