PDA

View Full Version : xc/freestyle

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
what would be a good setup for the shee to be good at xc and freestyle at the same time with not really messing with the motor to much.....cuz as far as i can tell theres not to much mx around where i live so xc and freestyle will have to do.any help will be appreciaated

TWILES
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Explain Freestyle. XC and jumping high really won't go together. If freestyle just means riding around the house a set of +2 a-arms, Honda off-set rear wheels and a set of shocks will go a LONG way. Buy the fronts and get your back rebuilt. The sky is the limit with the motor. Basic is pipes, filter (that seals), and jetting with needles. Look at what Toomey has.

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 06:44 PM
really its not freestyle i was more of just talking about jumping hills in like quarys or whereever i can find but where we ride theres alot of hills that we jump where you just land flat most of the time

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Some T-6 pipes, airfilter ( I prefer the pro deign set-up) Jetted maybe some reeds and you got plenty of power.

I would just stick some nice tires on it and buy some nice front shocks. get the stock rear revalved. I also bought a gripper seat and a +1 stem. Maybe some nerfs. that would be a good start

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
what would the best sshocks be to get?and where would be the best place to get the back revalved?for the least amount of money(only 16 yrs old so not to much money right now) and whats the +1 stem?

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
+1 stem is the part the handle bars connect too. I got mine a inch longer. Fits me better. Just a personal prefrence.

I bought some used trippl rate works shocks with rezzies for $300 then send those and my rear to www.derisiracing.com he did awesome work. Also GT thunder I here is a good place.

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
i was always thinking elka or works shocks...but what are rezzies?

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
i was always thinking elka or works shocks...but what are rezzies?

rezzies are the tank with the line you see connected to shocks. They hold nitrogen and they help cool the shock oil while riding.

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:30 PM
oo guess that makes sense...but should i get diffrent a-arms or anything or just keep the stock ones

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I never did. But I heard they really help the banshee handle good. But for a low budget XC machine I would say no you do not need them.

bansheerider4
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
ok thanks for all the help

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I also recomend skid plates for the belly and swing arm/carrier

TWILES
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Width is a BIG thing for a Banshee. A set of +2 wider and +1 forward a-arms and the shocks you like and can afford will make it feel like a different bike and you can adjust the camber. Laying the front wheels in helps the steering a lot. +2's will add around 4"s to the width in the front at the stock ride hight and the Honda offset rear wheels will do the same there with 11" wide tires. A stock Banshee is supposed to be less than 44" wide. The 450's are a little over 46 stock. I had a set of +3's on mine dropped with ZPS Elka's and 4+1 wheels and it was about 49.5" wide. It would hange with a Honda in the Handling department anywhere.

The rezzy's have a piston in them to help dampen the compression. Thats why the compression adjuster is always on the can...not the shock. They are worth the extra $. I'd spend the extra on the basic Elka's before Works. They come like a PEP ZPS and are a lot cheaper than PEP's. They don't buck like regular shocks.

firefighterjosh
02-23-2007, 01:34 PM
TWiles

He is going ot be racing/riding woods. No need for +2 Aarms

TWILES
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I owned and raced a Banshee for a VERY long time. He could use them. +2's and you are no wider than the 450's. Lay the camber in with some decent shocks and it will feel like you added 3 feet.

banshee84
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
I owned and raced a Banshee for a VERY long time. He could use them. +2's and you are no wider than the 450's. Lay the camber in with some decent shocks and it will feel like you added 3 feet.

yeah he should get some +2+1s and some 4/1 rims. It will help a lot with fatigue