PDA

View Full Version : Putting on graphics?

blastinroost
02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Any tips/tricks? What about getting bubbles out?

enduro400rider
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
soak the plastics with soapy water and the sticky side of the graphics with soapy water and lay them on the plastics, because of the water they wont "stick" instantly, you will have time to posision them and then squeegy the water out while going over them with a hair dryer blowing hot/warm air.

CRich[814]
02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
nowukno's directions---

1. clean plastics very well with soap/water
2. use fine grit sand paper to work out some scracthes/scuffs
3. rub plastics down with rubbing alcohol
4. mist water on back of decal for easier placement
5. use window tint squeege for any air bubbles
6. use blow dryer/heat gun to dry but don't use too excessively

These are the steps i followed and mine are holding up great so far.

Oh yeah , the biggest tip you can have is........

Take your time and don't get frustrated.

gotwarrior
02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Make sure our plastic and the graphics or warm.

Bigbadfords
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Another thing you should do to make sure your graphics stick well is to wipe down all your platics with rubbing alcohol!! And when using the soapy water, use just a very small amount of soap in the water, too much soap causes the graphics to loose their stickyness (if thats even a word:confused: ). You wont have as much trouble as you might think, its not really that hard if you take your time, dont be in a hurry, like someone already said!!!

"THE ShoP"
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
when useing a liquid on the grafix just make sure there's no amonya (or however you spell it) in it,as it will eat the glue on the grafix.I use stoner glass cleaner,works way better than soapy water,an when you squeegy spay the grafix with whatever your useing an you won't get any scratches on them you can also put a papertowel on the squeegy just make sure to keep the grafix wet when doin it