PDA

View Full Version : Sunny south, here I come.

Guy400
02-21-2007, 12:29 PM
I just accepted a position at work that will have me in Charlotte, NC. Goodbye to PITA Ohio winters and dreary springs and hello to warm and sunny North Carolina. The best part is it's the exact same job function I do now but rather than managing all of Ohio, Kentucky and southern Indiana I'll now only be doing western NC and all of South Carolina. Now I've got to deal with the headache of selling my current home and shopping for a new one. Hopefully I can have it squared away by my April 2 transition date.

fandl450r
02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Congratulations. Be ready for them southern women. ;)

300exOH
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I just accepted a position at work that will have me in Charlotte, NC. Goodbye to PITA Ohio winters and dreary springs and hello to warm and sunny North Carolina. The best part is it's the exact same job function I do now but rather than managing all of Ohio, Kentucky and southern Indiana I'll now only be doing western NC and all of South Carolina. Now I've got to deal with the headache of selling my current home and shopping for a new one. Hopefully I can have it squared away by my April 2 transition date.

:cuss: You are one lucky man! I'm betting it will be a long time before you miss the wonderful weather here in OH. My wife and I have been considering moving to SC (near Columbia) so let me know how it works out for you. It's a big step to move to another state but I think we're going to be ready to make the plunge soon ourselves...I hope.
Sounds like a great job you got going. Best of luck!

Guy400
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
:cuss: You are one lucky man! I'm betting it will be a long time before you miss the wonderful weather here in OH. My wife and I have been considering moving to SC (near Columbia) so let me know how it works out for you. It's a big step to move to another state but I think we're going to be ready to make the plunge soon ourselves...I hope.
Sounds like a great job you got going. Best of luck! My family is originally from North Carolina and my grandparents moved up to Ohio after WWII for work. I lived down there while my father was in the USMC until I was 4 at which point we moved to be with the grandparents. My brother moved back 2-1/2 years ago and my parents moved this past fall so the decision was much easier for my wife and I. By sheer luck my wife also has family in NC so it's a no-brainer for us.

Pappy
02-21-2007, 03:50 PM
what part of that state isnt good...lol? i like the carolinas enough to move, infact we have discussed it but the hotter summers wouldnt sit well with me and its to close to my mom:blah:

good luck guy, keep us posted

CRich[814]
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
congrats. thats awesome man. the only thing i would miss is riding buds.

trx400exxracer
02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
welcome to the south!!! Don't worry about riding area's maybe you can make it to a few of my local series races!!!:D

wvspeedfreak
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I wish the best of luck to you on your relocation!I was born in North Carolina and lived there for 10 years.If we were ever to move it would definately be south.

Kickstarts-suck
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
yea! it was 77* here today :devil:

my family was wanting to move to NC a while back.

FourFiftyFour
02-21-2007, 07:45 PM
North Carolina is a beautiful state...I visited there once and would love to go again or possibly move there one day if the opportunity was right... congrats..and good luck selling the house

JOEX
02-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Congrats! Hope the transition goes smoothly:)

outlaw450r
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Congrats, I think you will like it here. By the way It was 69 here in the foothills of NC today.

300exOH
02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
My family is originally from North Carolina and my grandparents moved up to Ohio after WWII for work. I lived down there while my father was in the USMC until I was 4 at which point we moved to be with the grandparents. My brother moved back 2-1/2 years ago and my parents moved this past fall so the decision was much easier for my wife and I. By sheer luck my wife also has family in NC so it's a no-brainer for us.

Having family down there definitely helps. If we move to SC I'm pretty sure my mom and step dad will follow soon after. They have wanted to move down there for years but they need to stay up here to take care of my grandma. We vacation there every year and I haven't found one thing I don't like about it. NC is basically the same...except Greensboro...we got lost in that crazy town once. Took us over an hour just to figure out how to get back to the highway even with help from the locals. lol Now we just need to push ourselves to make the move. My wife's career is the major concern but I can find work about anywhere so the transition shouldn't be too difficult. I moved around a lot as a kid so it wouldn't be anything new to me. I just can't wait to see the countryside again down there...We just reserved a condo in myrtle beach the first week of June.:devil: Can't wait to be sitting on the sunny beach instead of hibernating here in Ohio.

Did I say how lucky you are? :p

02-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
what part of that state isnt good...lol? i like the carolinas enough to move, infact we have discussed it but the hotter summers wouldnt sit well with me and its to close to my mom:blah:

good luck guy, keep us posted

If ya move to SC, I'll even let you hang out with me.

You can go to my church even.

:devil:

02-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I just accepted a position at work that will have me in Charlotte, NC.

There's lots of good riding here.... tho the red clay suxx.

JRP
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
congrats guy! I go down there atleast 3-5 times a year, i love it!

Flynbryan19
02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome. Feel free to check out atvnc.com . ;)

I love it here. :)

Guy400
02-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I love the heat so I'm excited to get out of the weather armpit that is NE Ohio and down to where I see the sun more than clouds. My brother's family and my parents are currently in Mooresville so I'm looking at buying my house somewhere in that general area. Now I've got the hassle of fixing all the small stuff in my house that I've meant to get to for the last 2 years but never did so I can sell it.

Pappy
02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by garandman
If ya move to SC, I'll even let you hang out with me.

You can go to my church even.

:devil:

thank you, but no. I have already been witness to what your church has done to you...lol;)

02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thank you, but no. I have already been witness to what your church has done to you...lol;)

OK, then I'll still let you hang out with me.

:p