PDA

View Full Version : Why did my thread get deleted?? Isn't this the open section?

bananaman
02-21-2007, 09:52 AM
delete me

bwamos
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Dude...

Take it as a warning.. and move on.

We've tried to be as plain as possible.

You are not PMing the Moderators. You are creating a thread to draw sympathy and incite a response. It's just going to get you banned.

PM the moderators if you truly want to know.

Why did my thread get deleted threads always get deleted. It should be taken care of in PM's or at best in the Miscelaneous Comments forum. Not here.

If a thread got deleted.. why would you repost it 2 more times thinking it would be do anyhting other than get you banned?

bananaman
02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
gotcha. How do I find out who the mods are? I really didn't want to incite sympathy. I thought this was where I would ask it?

bananaman
02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I found him----go ahead delete away--sorry I'll pm instead

bwamos
02-21-2007, 10:05 AM
np.. ;)

I was going to have you just PM the Admin account. ;)

02-21-2007, 10:29 AM
To delete your thread press Ctrl Alt Delete at same time :D

bananaman
02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I thought that made the morons go away?

Scro
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can delete your thread by deleting your first post. I would suggest doing this, as the mods don't like babysitting.

02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Scro
If I'm not mistaken, you can delete your thread by deleting your first post. I would suggest doing this, as the mods don't like babysitting.

Ctrl Alt Delete makes it go away:blah:

killerofcrows48
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by nacs420

ummm....no it doesnt

just hit edit on your first post, the screen will come up to ed it it -- at the top it will say "DELETE?" clcik the box and hit ok

zack221
02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by nacs420

You got to hit it twice for it to work lol.It resets your computer.If you only hit it once it comes up to windows task manager.

jfor
02-21-2007, 01:02 PM
actually alt+f4 will delete the post.

Pappy
02-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Dude...

Take it as a warning.. and move on.

We've tried to be as plain as possible.

You are not PMing the Moderators. You are creating a thread to draw sympathy and incite a response. It's just going to get you banned.

PM the moderators if you truly want to know.

Why did my thread get deleted threads always get deleted. It should be taken care of in PM's or at best in the Miscelaneous Comments forum. Not here.

If a thread got deleted.. why would you repost it 2 more times thinking it would be do anyhting other than get you banned?

well said. you would make a great mod...except that within 2 weeks of being amod, you would just tell him to STFU and delete the thread. dont believe me, ask wilkin...lol

JOEX
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
well said. you would make a great mod...except that within 2 weeks of being amod, you would just tell him to STFU and delete the thread. dont believe me, ask wilkin...lol
I was thinking the samething:p

wilkin250r
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Oh, man. It's true.

As mods, we have the option to delete select posts, and also edit posts. When I first became a mod, I would "clean up" threads rather than delete them. I would get rid of bad posts, edit other posts, and send PMs to all the offenders.

What a hassle!!! That's when I started hating my computer, the site, and Pappy for dragging me into it all.

It doesn't do any good. People still whine about the mods, and the problems still occur. All it did was give me headaches. Now, the only threads I "clean up" are useful threads in the tech sections.