PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty to start my Z???

10-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Since 2 weeks, My Z is very tought to start when it is cold. And when it normally run, the sound of the exhaust is not constant, like:

popopopopakpopopopakpopopopo

And this sound is more noticable when I run and I decrease speed.

Before this little trouble, I've play a little in water, and I think water should be a part of the problem.

Anyone have an idea???

MxDale71
10-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Is it stuttering and back firing? It could just be your jetting?

I dunno really, but that would be one thing that I would check out.

Also, my scooter (lol, Ol' Scoot) was doing something similar and when I took the carb apart, it was all gunked up. You might wanna check that too.

Is your filter clean? Maybe you got muddy water in the airbox?

Just throwing some things out there to check out.

Castor-426ex
10-01-2002, 12:46 PM
is your air box empty? lol
take it apart and clean it out...filter and all...wipe out the boot......then try...if not drain your oil...change it and the filter......and try that.....if not.....hmmm......its still warranted isnt it?

10-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Today, I've clean my filter. But the trouble stay. I've noticed: when the engine is hot (or cold) when I push the throtle fast, the engine stop!! I don't know if this could be a clue for you... Can it be the carburator??? Or the spark plug???

Z400central
10-02-2002, 04:23 PM
its deffinately your jetting.

Nausty
10-02-2002, 04:36 PM
try going bigger on the pilot, are you running stock jetting?

thrshr
10-03-2002, 09:34 PM
make sure your choke isn't partly closed. i've heard someone have this problem before and the dealer fixed it for him.

10-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Sorry, I don't understand the word ''jetting'' Can someone explin me??

(I'm french) ;)

VooDuu Child
10-05-2002, 10:26 AM
did you check the spark plug hole? There could be water/mud down in there giving you a bad connection. Also, did you end up checking all your vent/breather hoses?