View Full Version : gatting tires ON wheels

m.h.s.c.#527
02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
thanx 4 all the tips on gettin them off and i used the board trick now im havin a hell of a time gettin it on the wheel

HiperEX
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
i would also like to know this , i can get them off but he problem is i cant get the new tires on i have heard one side of the wheel is actually smaller or sumthing to get bead to roll over?

400exrider707
02-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Putting them on is the easy part! make sure you lube the tire and the rim up good where it is slipping over. I usually just lube up the tire where it sits in the bead. Some people use pb blaster or wd 40 or something, but I prefer to use shout liquidgel. It comes in a little squeeze bottle with bristles on the end, works like a charm. Also dont forget to clean the bead on the tire and the rim prior to doing anything.

gotwarrior
02-21-2007, 05:46 AM
When you put it on make sure you have the biggest screwdriver you can find.. It makes getting the tire on the rim alot easyer..

deathman53
02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
getting them on its hard, the first time, it may be fustrating. lube the tire bead and rim with dish soap, use the biggest screwdrivers you have get or tire irons. It helps to have 2-3 big screwdrivers or tire irons. Once you get this one on, you will be the trick, the rest will be easy.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
thanx guys unfortunately my friend got his license today and came over i was pissed so i was like alright lets go to the tire shop and they did it in 43 seconds lol idk wat the actual time was but it was fast

Toadz400
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
thanx guys unfortunately my friend got his license today and came over i was pissed so i was like alright lets go to the tire shop and they did it in 43 seconds lol idk wat the actual time was but it was fast

If you can find a shop that will do it cheap and quickly that is usually your best bet. There's a shop nearby that takes the old tire off the wheel and puts on the new one for $3, no matter how long it takes them. I usually give them a tip when it takes a long time (stock tires are usually a pain to get off).

northwest Texas
02-22-2007, 07:01 AM
When you get ready to put the tire on next time, it's easiest to straddle it and getting the first bead over the wheel is the hardest part. I use WD-40 or any other lubricant and ONLY spray on half of it or you'll fight yourself even harder cause it wants to slip.

A couple of tire irons are worth their weight in gold. However I only use 2 when I'm removing.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
If you can find a shop that will do it cheap and quickly that is usually your best bet. There's a shop nearby that takes the old tire off the wheel and puts on the new one for $3, no matter how long it takes them. I usually give them a tip when it takes a long time (stock tires are usually a pain to get off).

they all do it free my dads friends with the owner theyre drinkin and fishin buddys

skater1107
02-22-2007, 09:15 PM
well to put it back on the rim my girlfriends dad taught me to get it over the rim and spray the inside of the tire with ether and put some gas on a stick then light the stick making sure the valve stem is pulled out of the rim and put the fire to the rim and boom not it is on the bead now just fill it with air after you put the valve stem in

400exrider707
02-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by skater1107
well to put it back on the rim my girlfriends dad taught me to get it over the rim and spray the inside of the tire with ether and put some gas on a stick then light the stick making sure the valve stem is pulled out of the rim and put the fire to the rim and boom not it is on the bead now just fill it with air after you put the valve stem in

You cant put a valve stem in with the tire on the rim. You could take the core out of it and put that back in but not the entire stem.