PDA

View Full Version : Blaster problems, need help quick

rollie
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
my dads friends blaster was having a carb problem so i told them id fix it, it pisses out gas all the time through the overflow, when the gas is on, its not the float because i took the bottom of the carb off and it was fine, i sprayed crab cleaner all in the carb and nothing has helped so far, any ideas? thanks

i need to fix this quick thats why its in open.

Blue250X
02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I forget exactly what it is called but its like the needle valve? Its what the floats open up when the gas level gets too high. There is rubber on the end and it could have gone bad.

firefighterjosh
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
They may loko fine but they could be bent just a little. Get a clymer figure out the specs or I am sure the specs are somehwere on the net for the floats. Bend them to the specs. Make sure the main jet is tight.

Also when you put the float bowl back on make sure the floats are not stuck. Shake them make sure you can here them moving.

88blaster
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
ya, take the carb off and with the bowl off try blowing through the fuel inlet while you hold the float up, if air gets through than the needle valve probobly has a peice of dirt in it, because I don't thing mikuni needles have rubber on the end. If air doesn't get through than the float is sticking, once again likley to be dirt, hope this helps.

AtvMxRider
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
sounds like a stuck float to me.

wvspeedfreak
02-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
sounds like a stuck float to me.

Yep.The float has to be stuck or the needle(which is operated by the float) is stuck or bad.That is about the only thing that will let the bowl overfill and dump gas out the vent.

rollie
02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
thanks.

blasterfreak99
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
you don't even have to take the carb off. all you need to do is take the HANDLE part of a screwdriver and tap it and it should stop. this is only temporary and the correct way to do it would be to take off the float bowl and spray it out with something like brake parts cleaner. hope this helps.

orca0294
02-21-2007, 11:19 AM
I had that happen and I needed new reeds.