PDA

View Full Version : engine swap a atc 200x with a banshee motor

gclax1336
02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
hey, I realy want to swap my 200x with a banshee motor ... any opinions, every hear of anybody doing it? how to start? thanks:devil:

northwest Texas
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
I can't imagine why you'd want to but I'd be willing to bet you'd be the first one to do it. I'd also be willing to bet it will be more headache than pleasure.

deathman53
02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I own a 200x, what year do you have?? I don't see it happening. the engine cradle isn't big enough, no place to mount the radaitors, and stone aged suspension. If you talked a atc250r(85/86), then the banshee motor wouldn't be hard at all. But to put a liquid cooled 2 stroke motor in a 4 stroke w/o radiators and a small engine cradle, you will ruin the bike, to get a bad handling bike, due to messed geometery, with a big overkill motor. I have a 310pv and trx hop-up mods on my atc250r, yes, its too much motor for it to handle and we aren't talking a stock suspension/component chassis either. This is coming from a hardcore triker, don't ruin the bike, if you want something like you want to build, buy a 85/86 atc 250r, you will be much happier.

Also this is coming from what most of these guys will call a nut case, I have almost 5 figures into my atc250r, w/ a custom frame being made and dirtbike inverted forks soon. I have a 86 200x, read the mods on it in my profile, it handles very good w/ the worked oem motor. But to put a banshee motor in, it would require an big extended swinger, more raked front end, and it still be wheelie out of control and not to put the power to the ground, as the banshee is a top end screamer. A 240 kit baster motor would be a much wiser choice, it won't mess up the frame geometery, not extended swinger, no radiators and keep it to similar weight motor. Before you consider a bigger motor, get the most out of your chassis with aftermarket/rebuilt rear shock, 350x front end, there is also a way you can put a 350x shock on a 83-85 200x, extended axle, better tires(if you have the stock ballons). Remember, chassis before motor, what good is a hot motor, if you can't put power to the ground controlibly???? One place where I ride, I beat 3/4 of the bikes, as they got exhaust, cam, big bore, carbs, bolt-ons, stickers, but they left the stock a-arms and shocks(most badly adjusted too). They got a fast bike and will take me in a straight away, but I will keep the speed through the turns and tight stuff, while they are fighting there bikes to stay in control. I usually come out up top on tighter tracks, compared to the bigger bikes(that are poorly chassis modded and setup). There is nothing that pisses these guys off more than to beat by a 20 yr old 200cc trike, while they have a 400ex-660 raptor. I explain it to them to mind to their chassis over the motor, they don't listen and I continue to beat them.