PDA

View Full Version : help on carb

ex_freestyle
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
o.k. i bet evrey one is really starting to get tired of the carb questions but any ways here it goes. i have a '03 400ex with a curtis sparks full system, hot cam stage 1, CDI, rectifire, wiseco 11:1 piston, k&n air filter, and removed air box lid, 4 degree timing key, and it is about -13 to -20 where i am in canada and i finally got my quad running again well got the spark back and now the carb is giving me trouble. when i start it up on choke full its the only time it will run well kinda with out holding the trottle and when i have the choke on half it makes a poping sound and when there it no choke she dies or i have to pump the trottle fast and in the end she dies any ways i have a 42 pilot, 175 main and the needle is on the 3rd clip from the top if you have and suggestions please let me know cause i have to have her running in a week and a halfs time to get her ready for the ice races.

thanks

Honda#4
02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Sounds to me that your lean on your pilot so put in a 50 pilot once to see if that helps. I really don't mind jetting questions, thats why I named myself DR Jetting funny I know but if you or anybody that you know of has jetting troubles just give me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

ex_freestyle
02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
k right on thanks ill try that and see if that works for me