PDA

View Full Version : Please!!

400exrider989
02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
PLEASE PLEASE I know i sond retarded but i need to know where the frames crack on the kfx400s please help me ! is it the top front bottom front or mid please help!

thanks alot

Mike

z4evr
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
haha im an expert on this. Right around where the front shocks mount up is a common spot. Also right about where you sit can happen too. This weekend, mine broke right near my left shin on the vertical piece that goes down near the heelguard. Its never broke there before but it was pretty ugly, so you would probably want to gusset it there too.

JJs450r
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
ya gabe that was an ugly break im hittin the big doulbe saturday or sunday that week

400exrider989
02-20-2007, 06:06 PM
ok thanks so much !
anything else i should check on a used 03?

mike

thanks again

z4evr
02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
um the first place id check would be the front shocks....like all around them on the top where they mount up. Most likely there will be some stress marks (missing paint) if you gusset it up good it should be alright, but if you run the crap out of it and jump alot like i do - it might crack sooner or later. Half of my frame isnt even the actual frame - its thicker tubing that we've welded to the frame. Ill put some pics up tomorow if i can to show my frame (the new break is really ugly)

yea Jeremy that jump doesnt seem hard at all!! The one at halfmoon is bigger i swear. We're all gonna be hiting the 909 soon too because im gonna hit it next time im out there hah! I hope i can go riding this weekend - i might go to one of the local tracks (my fav one its on the beach) if i do ill tell ya incase you wanna come.