PDA

View Full Version : who actually has a mongoose quad rly?

pbblaster2
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
i dont think any one has a mongoose quad this is a was of form space haha

WickedQuad
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I do and it runs great....

the Kymco people make all the parts for honda kawasaki yamaha and suzuki

So they said screw it we will sell our products at lower price.

Plenty of them blazing around PA
:cool:

m.h.s.c.#527
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
lets see it

WickedQuad
03-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
lets see it

Not a problem

I have the technological skills to do that for you on short notice :D

http://www.mediaviper.com/images/Kymco150.jpg

That's the 150

Here is my 250 as we go around a fallen tree. And yes when a tree falls in the woods bears do hear it.

http://www.mediaviper.com/images/Kymco250.jpg

I didn't want you to doubt my authenticity so I personalized it for you lol

And here is some pics of the 250 and I doing a hill climb so to speak....This is one of my blogs Check it out and let me know what you think about the pics..

http://www.mediaviper.com/

Peace!

pbblaster2
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
cool

WickedQuad
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pbblaster2
cool

Yeah they're not too shabby...going to pick up an 07 300 in Orange skins :devil:

Got black powder coated nerfs put on it too :D

pbblaster2
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
awe i saw the 300 in a atvspot magazeen they r pretty quick but can run with my blaster

pbblaster2
04-15-2007, 05:09 PM
i ment to say cant run with my blaster sry for the mix up

WickedQuad
04-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Well that's true

But the one on the far left could :devil:

http://www.clintdixon.com/images/myquads.jpg

And I bought the three on the right in the last month cash so if I wanted I could buy one that could :p

Nice ride I like it!!

pbblaster2
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
is it a lt250r i cant tell but that 300 is pretty sharp i like it

pbblaster2
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
or r you talking about the bycicle =)

WickedQuad
04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by pbblaster2
or r you talking about the bycicle =)

LOL nice one and good eyes lol that made me snort...

Its a warrrior 350

and thanks for the compliment on the 300 ..:)

WickedQuad
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Here it is brand new and before I took a heat gun to the stickers and decals.

http://www.clintdixon.com/images/300brandnew.jpg

I think the nerfs make it look even sharper.

So what can I do to kick up the power without redoing the engine?

LPjustin
04-22-2007, 01:42 PM
my mom does lol
here's a pic of my friend doing a no-footer on it

pbblaster2
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
lol

exrider12
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
should i have gotten the 300 instead of my 250ex.i like the orange color by the way.The reason i got the 250ex is its 50lbs lighter and its a manual. Also doest he 300 have good power stock and are those kenda klaw tires?

WickedQuad
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
If you are asking me the 250ex has better torque and it is lighter so it's easier to lift the front end for wheelies :D

Thanks for the color compliment...I like the orange and after taking off the Kymco graphics it leaves people wondering what it is.

I'm going to add a pipe to the 300 Some carb adjustment and a clutch kit which should help it all around....

If you were looking to save a few dollars then the Kymco would have been the ticket.

For me it's an entry level set of machines to make sure we all like the sport and the dealer is 1/4 mile away and I can ride the trail to his shop lol

Edited Kenda Klaws included

exrider12
05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
i just went on kymcos website and they said in the features and benefits slide show and it said the 300 had "kenda at" tires

WickedQuad
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
i just went on kymcos website and they said in the features and benefits slide show and it said the 300 had "kenda at" tires

You are right Kenda Klaws front and back

Maybe the verts too steep...:eek2:

red4ever
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
hondas better

WickedQuad
05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by red4ever
hondas better

Well you might want to see what company makes parts for your Honda.....their name is Kymco :D

Kymco has produced parts for ATVs and Motorcycles sold by Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki for years, they decided they could just put all the parts together themselves and sell the units at a lower cost.

JBacon
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Id highly doubt it. I think I read somewhere in an atv sport magazine that kymco is tawianese? honda's and all of them are japanese...

dodgepower
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Ask Jesse Skarvek (sp) how he likes his KYMCO..........He is one of the fastest youths in the country. Look at WPSA and ATVA results.............

chipworkz
01-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes Kymco does produce parts for the other manufactures. I really don't like the mongoose 300 though. My friend bought one for his girlfriend and it is tall a narrow. My daughters TRX 250 EX is the same width but doesn't feel near as tippy. One problem I see with the Mongoose 300 is it is an entry level quad with an automatic transmission and easy to tip over. Its the perfect combination for a beginner to jump on and get hurt because they don't know how to ride a quad.
My friends girlfriend wanted an automatic because she didn't want to think about shifting. Guess what, she just got thrown off going around a corner on a fire road because she wasn't leaning. She was just setting on it giving it gas just like I warned him about when he was looking at buying it.

I am not saying it is a bad quad other than I really think they should have made it wider since it is a tall quad.
Kymco's are better than Chinese quads but I will stick to the big guys myself.

m.h.s.c.#527
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Red4ever why come here and say hondas better shut up no one cares what you think thats like the 450 guys coming into our forum and pissin us off just shut ur mouth

btw nice blacklines

WickedQuad
03-02-2008, 05:50 AM
chipworkz is right the Mongoose 250 and 300 models are not as safe as they could be.

They need wheel extenders in the back.

They also need front A arms extended.

I have a 2007 Mongoose 300 in orange that looked great... I have ridden in Tower City PA for about 8 months. Another issue is the semi sport quads are not meant for PA trail riding....thats another post though.

First good snow storm I went out on my 300 to try some small donuts nothing crazy.

1st one almost tipped.....2nd one, sides up on 2 wheels, going over almost, but I pushed the opposite way with my weight and set her on all 4.

I thought maybe where I was trying was too icy underneath so went to an empty parking lot through her into a donut and met the snow covered asphalt.

I was wearing a padded coat and helmet fortunately as I smacked the crap out of the side of my body and head.

Quad landed on me,,,,, cracked the left rear plastic, and broke a 5 by 8 square piece out of the left front fender.

Im going to trade it for a Polaris Sportsman 500.
:devil:

m.h.s.c.#527
03-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by WickedQuad
Im going to trade it for a Polaris Sportsman 500.
:devil:

thats safer for doing donuts:rolleyes:

Gasman
04-13-2008, 12:26 PM
The one on the right is a Mongoose 300. The rider's name is Dan McCaunnaghey, and he races GNCC for factory Kymco, and also races most of the District 14 harescrambles. This was last year (at a D-14 race), this year his is on an MXU500 in the 4x4 lites class. He ran the Mongoose in the GNCC Sport class last year and did very well (consistent podiums and a couple wins if I'm not mistaken). His Mongoose was insane, there was pretty much nothing stock on it. It wasn't particularly fast in the open, but it was amazing in the woods.

That's me on the left on my 2WD-converted '97 500 Scrambler, holeshotting him to the first turn. I could usually smoke him pretty good from the dead-engine start to the woods, but once we hit the woods he would pass me and was gone.

The second pic is at another race, and shows how much I could pull on him from the start in 150 yards before the woods entrance. That's about the only time he ever saw the back of my quad. :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Doorider/PMP07start4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Doorider/VTR107start.jpg

10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I do and it runs great....

the Kymco people make all the parts for honda kawasaki yamaha and suzuki

So they said screw it we will sell our products at lower price.

Plenty of them blazing around PA
:cool:

have you lost your mind? they dont make yamaha parts for a fact and im 99.4% they dont make honda suzuki and polaris parts ....yamahas parts are alll! ALL all made in japan and the usa and for the original posrt answer there a good atv for a year then they falll apart a friend of mine had 1

mbarryracing
10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Well you might want to see what company makes parts for your Honda.....their name is Kymco :D

Kymco has produced parts for ATVs and Motorcycles sold by Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki for years, they decided they could just put all the parts together themselves and sell the units at a lower cost.

Just Honda... Kymco was actually once part of Honda Taiwan before splitting three ways a few years back. One became known as Kwang Yang Motor Co. aka KYMCO, the other Sang Yang Motor Co. aka SYM (Can Am's partner). The manufacturing processes stayed in those factories, Honda still purchases components from them as a supplier now, instead of being internal (outsourcing) like GM did with Delphi, Ford did with Visteon, etc.

My Can Am DS250 engine is a Honda design, using the Honda CN250 scooter engine components. The Kymco 250 looks the same. Now you know why...

mikeexplorer
01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
I bought the Mongoose 250 for my girlfriend to ride. She didn't like the feel of a utlility quad like my Arctic Cat, but she likes riding this one.

I have taken this one out for a few spins and it is impressive for a 250.

Mike

sheriff525
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
What about the Arctic Cat DVX 300? how are they?
Arctic Cat and Kymco are partners right?
It looks like AC just took this quad and re-faced it and added some better stuff. I am thinking of getting one for my wife. It has some great reviews.

JBacon
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Well I would still have a Honda or a Yamaha or Suzuki or Kawasaki ANYDAY before I had a KYMCO. But thats me, if you have a KYMCO, thats your choice. ;) And I have no prob with it.

mikeexplorer
01-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by sheriff525
What about the Arctic Cat DVX 300? how are they?
Arctic Cat and Kymco are partners right?
It looks like AC just took this quad and re-faced it and added some better stuff. I am thinking of getting one for my wife. It has some great reviews.

Not partners, but Kymco makes parts for some of Arctic Cats quads. I also own an Arctic Cat 400 4X4 which is my ride. For what she rides and how often (more like seldom) this 250 was a good choice and had good reviews.
Mike

KyMaxxer3
02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by mikeexplorer
Not partners, but Kymco makes parts for some of Arctic Cats quads. I also own an Arctic Cat 400 4X4 which is my ride. For what she rides and how often (more like seldom) this 250 was a good choice and had good reviews.
Mike

Being new here I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with my following comment.

The Arctic Cat DVX 300 is based on the Kymco Maxxer/Mongoose 300.
With AC trying to become more independent from 30% shareholder Suzuki they are starting to build their own engines and are exploring to find their own industry alliances.
With the 250 (Kymco sourced) and the 400 DVX (Suzuki sourced) discontinued, AC is continuing its recent partnership with KYMCO to share the Mongoose 300 platform for the Arctic Cat DVX 300.
AC basically just changed the look of the Mongoose and slapped on some extras.
Kymco also makes parts for alot of the "other" big brands.

mikeexplorer
02-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Relax I don't think anyones toes were stepped on. What you say is true. Basically Kymco thought to just put out their own name since they were building quads anyway.

Mike

the woo woo kid
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
hey there. i'm thinkin about getting 2 AC dvx 300's for the wife and son........how do you guys feel these stack up against polaris trailblazer 330? thanks.

907quadracer
07-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by the woo woo kid
hey there. i'm thinkin about getting 2 AC dvx 300's for the wife and son........how do you guys feel these stack up against polaris trailblazer 330? thanks.
The dvx is around 395 pounds. The polaris is about 480. Give or take some.

907quadracer
07-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by red4ever
hondas better
Keep it to yourself please. Read my signature.