PDA

View Full Version : New hybrid build 05' KX250 motor and 03' kfx400 roller

chronicareo
02-20-2007, 10:52 AM
ok as you all know kawasaki is comming out with there new 450.....but right now they only have the 700 witch is automatic:ermm: and they dont have the 400 anymore since the split with suzuki........... so theres no sport quads and no 2 strokes at that!

well i wanna bring back the tecate 4 in essence or a kawasaki version of hondas 250r but newer..........

so i got myself a great deal on a 2005 KX250 motor with 5 hours on it! they guy crashed it and cut the motor out and left it in the cradle as well as everything in it to make her run except radiator and exhaust!

i also picked up a rolling chassis 03' kfx400 with everything on it except motor and lil accesories....but still have radiator with should be sufficient in capacity.......

well give me some ideas guys, i know 03' kfx had frame problems and being that i have the whole kx cradle i was wondering about cutting out the kfx frame so pretty mutch slide in the whole kx250 frame cradle and the reinforce and gusset it........or?????

please help me out im new to building im good with overall repairs as far as welding i have an arc welder but that will be no good as it will eat it up.....but i have a guy with a tig welder and hes really good with it.....

let me know any hints or suggestions will be appreciated thanks!!

chronicareo
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
ill post pics of everything soon for a better idea

flying dutchman
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
you should search around in the kfx and Z 400 section for pics op frames that are gusseted.

and make your own gusset kit

or you can look around for a company that makes gusset kits for the 400 frames.

maybe bare performance has them

then when the frame is gusseted you should hang the kx engine in it on the swingarm bolt (if possible) and level it out, align the sprockets and stuff and then make the other motor mounts

thats the way i would do it.

but ive never build a hybrid some i'm kind of a noob at this

just my 2cents

JessetheKid
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
i woundnt use the kx cradle at all, make your own mounts, you will probially have to mount it on rubber because i beleive that those engines do not have a counterbalance, which causes them to vibrate like crazy in a quad chassis. that is what i have heard.

Project300EX
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't weld in the KX cradle. Just gussett your frame and make your own mounts. You can look at my thread, the link in my sig, to see the process. It's a RM250 motor in a 300ex. Also the 250s shouldn't vibrate that bad. It will some, but it shouldn't be unbearable like the bigger 2-strokes.

CrackerboyLV
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Rath makes a gusset kit for about $100.00gusset kit (http://www.rathracing.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=20)
or make your own....