PDA

View Full Version : Chipped Shin?

ShiftFMX
02-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Is that Possible? I have taken a few good hits to the shin from my kicker on my 450, but Its been months since it has been hit. I feel a dent in my shin and it KILLS to touch it! It hurts so bad I would rather take a rubber mallet to the sack! (Maybe not!) It doesnt hurt to walk on it either.

mach1stang
02-20-2007, 07:11 AM
i have a spot like that but it does not really hurt to touch it just feels funny when you touch it i pushed a tree over and the stump was jugged and when it fell it cliced me but i am not a doctor so i dont know if it is possilble it could be

30liveStar
02-20-2007, 07:25 AM
i landed the trailer rail after slipping and it put a spot on my shin like you are saying - it probably took 2 years to get over the pain to the touch - but mine finally went away, i never had any problems outta it - just when i would bump it on something... The worst thing i have had is a messed up (think broken) big toe - i re-injure it almost weekly:mad: and it has been going on since i was about 17 (im 20 now).

mach1stang
02-20-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah it is only like a sensitive spot it only hurts when you hit it then your down for a hour and half think you got shot mine has finally healed up but it hurt

TRX_450
02-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by 30liveStar
i landed the trailer rail after slipping and it put a spot on my shin like you are saying - it probably took 2 years to get over the pain to the touch - but mine finally went away, i never had any problems outta it - just when i would bump it on something... The worst thing i have had is a messed up (think broken) big toe - i re-injure it almost weekly:mad: and it has been going on since i was about 17 (im 20 now).

sounds like turf toe to me...i have it and the worst part is that theres nothing you can do about it...it'll heal so you can walk on it and what not but it can get reinjured anytime, you'll most like battle it the rest of your life :(

wvspeedfreak
02-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Is that Possible? I have taken a few good hits to the shin from my kicker on my 450, but Its been months since it has been hit. I feel a dent in my shin and it KILLS to touch it! It hurts so bad I would rather take a rubber mallet to the sack! (Maybe not!) It doesnt hurt to walk on it either.

From my experiences getting hit hard there takes quite a while to be completely over.I was carrying a 4 wheeler frame over to my shop about 2 months ago and when I was setting it down it slipped and the pro peg mount hit me right beside the knee cap.I just recently got over that one.It was sore to touch but didn't bother me at all walking.

Hon300ex
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
When i first read the tittle i thought you were talking about Cheng Shin and you spelled it wrong or something.

firefighterjosh
02-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes it is possible. I have 2 soft spots in my shin from soccer. right above and 1 right below my shin guard:grr: Kinda feels like a water ballon