PDA

View Full Version : How much money do parted out quads make?

The Beanery
02-20-2007, 02:18 AM
I was looking at ebay and wondering this. For instance how much money would a parted out stock 88 or 89 250r bring in total if its in decent shape? Just out of curiosity?

Latemodel32
02-20-2007, 02:26 AM
I parted out one of my 88's a couple of yrs ago and lost my *** do to The fees/no paying bidders.My other 89 i sold local and made money

02-20-2007, 07:46 AM
for an all stock 250r you would prolly get more money selling it whole....quads with alot of high performance parts that dont bring much more are worth parting out and putting stock stuff back on (if you have it) and then sell the whole quad that way

deathman53
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I have heard of people making alot of money and others sitting on the parts from not selling. Also parting out, you have to ship everything, its a pain. You always end up with a cluster of bolts, bushings, rubber pieces, small hardware, that ends up being partically given away. If it a nice near stock 88 or 89, sell it whole. If you have the stock pipe/muffler, bumper, cluth lever, and other small stuff, you almost could get away with selling it very stock, which nice ones, being most original and nice, sell for more than race modded ones.

250Renvy
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Truthfully I think there is a lot of dumb luck involved. Less than a year ago, a guy parted out an 89 that was an ex racers and he got astronomical prices for his stuff. Many of the parts were original take-offs from 89 that he claimed sat in his basement since they were taken off from 89. If it's really nice shape you could part it out and get top dollar for people collecting nice shape OEM discontinued parts - a seat for example could go for $60 or if everythings perfect somebody could want it and you get $400. Same with things like keypads and motors and the frame, a top condition no paint off original decal frame could get 1K with the right buyer. If it's mint and you are in Cali, they seem to go for 6-7K whole, but if it's just above average probably 4K.

Mytrxn250Rparts somehow gets a ton of money for his stuff. I'm not sure how.

02-21-2007, 05:15 AM
for example my banshee and 250r had alot of upgrades like shocks, axle, a arms, motor parts but i had al the stock stuff so i sold all the aftermarket items and got just under 3 grand and now i am going to sell the mostly stock R and banshee this summer....if i left the parts on my quad would not of brought another 1500 each....just something to think about