PDA

View Full Version : silver lake

"THE ShoP"
02-20-2007, 01:47 AM
me an my buddies are going to plan a trip to silver lake an I was wonderin how the riding is an the rules an if you need a pass or anything? any info would be great

morse250r
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
you dont need vouchers until memorial day as for the riding it varies year to year steep peaks usually last year there were tons of soft spots with all the rain last late fall there probley be alot of water laying

SandNut777
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey guys whats up there is a Silver lake window open in this part of the foreum already.Dont know if you saw it or not there are about 5 or 6 of us that look at it all the time . So if you want to post there that would be cool to. But like Morse said its pretty sweet and the peeks are great as for the standing water i dont know maybe in the low spots there might be a little but for the most part its 1 sweet riding spot. When are you going, do you know yet. We are going April 18th weekend Fri Sat Sun. Maybe we will see ya .If so post Pics we will keep our eyes peeled.Good Luck heres a pic of mine but the plastic sceam will be diff by then I will post newer pics later

"THE ShoP"
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
we don't know when we are goin,but we will definatly be there some time in the summer,mabe like july

HPIcamaross
03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
What is a voucher, how do i get one and why do i need one...cant i just go there with my orv sticker and ride?

trx520chk
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Anybody know how strict they are with the sound levels there? I've heard that the db levels are enforced pretty hard and that the levels are around 93 or 94 db. I run a full system Trinity exhaust and I know it's closer, if not over, 100 db. Any input anyone has would be great because it's the only thing keeping me from going! Thanks!

Live to ride
03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
a voucher is what gets you in... it doesnt cost anything either....u have to go to the voucher center next to the dunes it opens at 9pm there will be diff times and only so many are given out after they are all gone you cant get in....to the sound restrictions they let you ride with a 98db i got tested with a powercore4 on a 400ex and ran a 97db the bigger the engine the lower they make u rev it so dont worry about it to much and they pick random so just ease through... they dont usually pick out very many people unless its a busy day

HPIcamaross
03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
K i now understand about the voucher...is there anything else i have to do to get in?

Live to ride
03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
ummm u have a flag if not there right outside the dunes 21 dollars...orv....park pass..... and they will ask if you have it all when your entering

Raptor68
03-29-2007, 08:42 AM
You only need the voucher on Saturdays and Sundays BEGINNING Memorial Day weekend. During the week, the place is EMPTY. Friday afternoons/evenings can get a little busy and IMO that's the best time to go...not too busy, but not totally empty either. Also, they require 10 foot flags with the orange flag part being a square/rectangle...not triangle shaped. You will need the Michigan ORV sticker, as well as either the yearly Michigan State Parks sticker or a daily permit. They also physically check for spark arrestors and we have only been sound checked once in the 4 or so years I have been going there. It's a fun place. I'll be there this summer, probably July.

blackraptor16
03-31-2007, 10:24 PM
How much is the ORV sticker and the yearly sticker? We're going tomorrow and I don't know how much to take out of the ATM. (I posted this on the other forum but need to know asap.)

Thanks!

Gray33
03-31-2007, 10:33 PM
hey where is silver lakes even at i notice everyone is from indiana and michigan i could go to them that would be resonable close to me since i live in the ohio indiana line .

blackraptor16
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I live in South Bend and it's 2.5 hours from our house. If you go to Mapquest type in:
9679 W State Park Road
Mears, MI 49436-9667 and it will tell you how to get there.

Go to http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html for more info on it.

blackraptor16
03-31-2007, 10:36 PM
**Bumping for more info on prices** (see above)

Capt_ron
04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
i have not heard any changes in price
last year orvs 16.50 and state parks 24.00
remeber you must have both on any thing that goes onto the dunes.
if you have a tow rig that does not go on the dunes it only needs the park sticker.

morse250r
04-04-2007, 06:00 AM
there cracking down this year on towing sounds like nothing behind the car truck look on michigans web site sucks

400EXTRA
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
im 15 i go up north every year to ride the trails and i dont have my orv saftey certificit iv never been bothered but if i go to the dunes will i be checked for it?

morse250r
04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
it depends they will alot of times but wear long sleeve shirt ect to cover up then they shouldnt bother you

doozer
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
yea they are supposed to be getting stricter on towing vehicles behind other vehicles. as for passes i think it still is $24 for a year pass, or $6 for a day pass. you have to have one for your truck and any quad or dirt bike just to get it into the parking lot. you only need an orv(16.95) on the vehicle you are actually taking on the dunes. they do check for db on some people but show dont be a show off and they'll probably overlook you. i have a full yosh titanium and i haven't been check yet. the flag has to hit the height limit pole at the entrance and thats also where they check for your spark arrestor. lota rules but also alota fun. i live about 20 minutes from silver lake and its a blast. dont get caught hauling @$$ in the speed limited areas either, they dont like that very much....:rolleyes:

SandNut777
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey all

whats the lastest and greatest Silver Lake fans I cant wait to go just thought I would stick my neck in and say hi talk to ya Maybe see ya there

The SandNut

morse250r
04-19-2007, 05:23 AM
went to sl over easter throwin a snow sand roost when the sand wasnt frozen lol it was great though dough nuts on the ice with paddles what an experiance drop of on the back side of the hills were bad did more trail riding that weekend

SandNut777
04-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by morse250r
went to sl over easter throwin a snow sand roost when the sand wasnt frozen lol it was great though dough nuts on the ice with paddles what an experiance drop of on the back side of the hills were bad did more trail riding that weekend

Sound like No fun and lots of cold. Not for me . well theres always the weekend of the 28th coming up . Do you know who OMG or R is they are a group of some sot going over there that weekend I was wondering how big there are . Hows thing in ol St Clair anyways have been riding and where. Talk to ya later.

SandNut out Ride Red And Ride Hard.

eerhard09
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
How much is the ORV sticker and the yearly sticker? We're going tomorrow and I don't know how much to take out of the ATM. (I posted this on the other forum but need to know asap.)

Thanks!

Where are the pics from your trip??

morse250r
04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
no pics this time from the dunes only took black n whites out in the trail I wont be going over that weekend, its the first sod drag at port huron i have to defend my title lol but ill be over tons more let me know when your heading back or youll have to come out the the drags at the motor cycle club not sure if ill make it but theres a sand drag at albrightshores that saturday too port is on sunday maybe if your in tow in time swing out later keep in touch

cataway
05-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by morse250r
i was at LS in OK. that weekend ,we were riding in snow to.

killerofcrows48
05-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by SandNut777
Sound like No fun and lots of cold. Not for me . well theres always the weekend of the 28th coming up . Do you know who OMG or R is they are a group of some sot going over there that weekend I was wondering how big there are . Hows thing in ol St Clair anyways have been riding and where. Talk to ya later.

SandNut out Ride Red And Ride Hard.

OMR...

ohiomafiariders.com