PDA

View Full Version : just got WB power up kit, help

f233
10-01-2002, 12:08 AM
need some expert advice. I just got a white bros power up kit for my 2000 400EX. bought it cheap, couldn't say no.
10.8 JE piston ( stock bore) rings, pin
rev. limiter
sport cam
e series silencer
air filter

how much more hp can i expect?
how about torque?
do i need new valve springs, rockers?
should i change my counter sprocket to a 16?

help dudes, I'm in the dark

Castor-426ex
10-01-2002, 02:25 AM
well youll feel it but it wont be the "OMG" experience of a 416 440 ect....

staying under 11:1 is good....you dont HAVE to put heavier springs or hardfaced rockers in it...If thats just a drop in cam....do you know if your compression release has to go???

the best bet would be also to go with a diff headpipe..or grind the welds outta the one you have....

the rev box wont make much diff....i liked the result of mine....but i did a lot of mods at once...so wtf do I know..?

lol

changing the front sprocket is rider preference....once you get it jetted right youll figure out what you need to do.....

things i would reccomend....

bye bye choke.....yep take it out...they show you how in the faq....while youve got her apart....you might wanna consider looking at that head...check the valvetrain...you might wanna port and polish its up to you...new seals...blah blah blah....

youre gonna have to rejet....so get ready....

and make sure you know whether you need to hone..or just glaze the cylinder before the new piston goes in....dont just put it in and go for it...lol itll suck in the long run....if it makes it to the long run....

have fun

f233
10-01-2002, 09:37 PM
thanx for the help dude
yes it's a drop in cam and the compression release has to go.
my quad has about 60 hrs on it so i think that a deglaze on the cyl. will do.
Do I need to buy (new) stock rockers or springs?
what do you mean grind the weld out of my head pipe?
why get rid of the choke?
If I port and polish can I still use the same carb?
thanx. peace

Castor-426ex
10-02-2002, 06:41 AM
i wouldnt think you need to get new rockers or springs...thats when you go big...lol.....but for the small bump up in compression that you are doing...and the fact of the drop in cam..you should be fine...
Removing the choke will help you some too....see the butterfly restricts airflow even when the choke is off....you take out the butterfly...grind off the tabs....and bump up the pilot...there is a complete step by step in the faq

i use the same carb on my quad...and it has headwork...its prob limiting me a little...but im not ready to get reamed by buying the quicksilver..or a lectron yet...lol

good luck man

oh on your stock headpipe if you are still running it....on the inside of the flange where it bolts to your head...there are welds that can be ground down to create a larger opening...less restriction is good...hehe this is also in the faq i do believe

GoLikeHell
10-02-2002, 06:43 PM
I did about the same thing minus the slip on. I am running a 11-1 compression piston,hotcams2 cam, and a K&n filter. I did gut the muffler and cut off the spark arrestor for free flowing exh.

First off the power difference is great and why bore if you dont have to. I used to loose to my buddies Banshee by a couple of bikes, now we are neck and neck and having fun. The camshaft I chose did loose some lowerend, but the 11-1 made up for some of it. I did have to relearn how the bike performed when going slow, but when the throttle goes to WOT the next thing you know the rev limiter is coming on. My cam pulls hard all the way to 9300 and it wants more.

Hope this helps
Mark
:cool:

f233
10-02-2002, 08:04 PM
I also wonder how much low end i will loose with this kit. I don't usually ride pedal to the metal. I've gotten used to using the low end of the ex to my favor and be competititve. Also, I see that alot of cats here dont like the WB cam to much. I hope it doesn't chew up my rockers prematurely. Did you get new rockers ?