PDA

View Full Version : street legal quad in missoula montana????

quader400
02-19-2007, 09:01 PM
does anyone know if you can make a 450r street legal in montana. my friends go to school there and im planing on tranfering there my junior year and they say that quads are street legal out there but im thinking they are referring to utilities however the rules are very mild out there and i wouldnt be suprised if a 450 could become street legal. any help is appriciated

hawaiikfx400
02-20-2007, 01:11 AM
if it is lagal they do make street legal kits lights turn signals license plate holder ect.but if it was me i would be worried some punk a@# would steal my quad or take parts i know i you and every one else would do some major a@# whoopin if that happend but it would still be sketchy parkin it unatended. but it would be fun as hll to do.imo ;)

csimp3
02-20-2007, 01:27 AM
hey, thats where they brew moose drool, we have that on tap at my familys bar

quader400
02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
if it is lagal they do make street legal kits lights turn signals license plate holder ect.but if it was me i would be worried some punk a@# would steal my quad or take parts i know i you and every one else would do some major a@# whoopin if that happend but it would still be sketchy parkin it unatended. but it would be fun as hll to do.imo

i probably wouldnt really drive it and leave it, it would mostly be just for fun to rip it around on roads and stuff

400EXTRA
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
TRY IT AND IF SOMEONE MESSES WITH IT BEAT THEM

quader400
02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
TRY IT AND IF SOMEONE MESSES WITH IT BEAT THEM

haha sounds like a good approach to me

whiteflash
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
i have a friend in bozeman montana and he says he see's quads like raptor 700's and 400ex's all the time....

250r4life
02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
i have seen a couple here in phoenix... you can make quads legal... i wouldnt do it where i would leave it unattended, but...

technically you would have to change the tires, although i know it just depends on the cops... but the stock atv tires are not highway certified...

quader400
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
i have the tires cause i already have kumhos in front and i have a set of golf cart tires for the rear so it will be totally set up for the road

superfly300ex
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by quader400
does anyone know if you can make a 450r street legal in montana. my friends go to school there and im planing on tranfering there my junior year and they say that quads are street legal out there but im thinking they are referring to utilities however the rules are very mild out there and i wouldnt be suprised if a 450 could become street legal. any help is appriciated

No your friends are not referring to just utilities. You will need to add a horn, mirror, and plate illuminator.

heres the self inspection that you will need to fill out before liscensing it.

http://www.doj.mt.gov/driving/forms/mv70.pdf

orca0294
02-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I was in Missoula in august. My ex-girlfriends 2 brothers go there and have a house there. I saw a few 450s flying around a few of the nights I was there and they did not have any of the requirements. Its really laid back there compared to Illinois so I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.