PDA

View Full Version : best midwest riding?

mod440ex
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Me and some of my buddies are wanting to plan a trip, and we are from around kc mo. We have hit all the big places in missouri, finger lakes, chadwick, and st. joe. We are wanting something new for our trip. We have been looking has far has 8 hours away, so if anybody has any 1000+ acre riding locations within 8 hours of kc please let me know.

jandlstables
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Little Egypt OHV, is outside of marion, IL about 2 hours from st. louis, MO. great place to ride if you love trail riding... Has a SMALL MX track to play on also. Let me know if you want more info...

mod440ex
02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah that would be closer than some we looked at. How big is it, are there hills, not a big mx fan love the woods. I s there a place to camp nearby. Can you give me some contact info. Thanks for your reply.

jandlstables
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
i will dig up some info and send it to you tomorrow...
send me your e-mail address and i will e-mail it all to you.

woody

400EXTRA
02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
NORTHERN MICHIGAN WE HAVE SOME SWEET TRAILS HERE COME AND RIDE HERE

jandlstables
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.leormc.org http://www.leormc.org

here is the website.

they have a small mx course w/ a couple small jumps, and a bunch of trails. if your on a sport quad i suggest 20in rear tires and skid plates if you want to hit all of the trails... some of them are pretty rough and tight. There are also several trails that you can haul tail on. it is 10 dollars for they day and they are open on the weekends and most holidays... if you have a group of 5 or more they usually will open it for you on other days... I had alot of fun down there even though when i went it was really muddy. rode near all day w/o hitting the same trail with the exception of the main trail.

any questions just let me know...

if you decide to go let me know i might join you...

woody

Unverfehrt400ex
02-20-2007, 10:59 PM
were from southern IL and took a trip out to Lil Shara sand dunes a few months ago. It was only like a 10 hour drive for us so it should be a lot closer for you. Had the greatest time ever there. In my opinion it is well worth the trip. Nothing compares to the dunes.

mod440ex
02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
are there any 1000+ acre parks in michigan. We have went to little sahara it was a good time, but we are all into woods riding. Has anybody been to west side of kentucky or tennesee, are there any big riding areas there. We are just wanting to make our trip worth while thats why we are wanting 1000+ acre areas. Thanks guys for all the info, lets keep it coming.

mod440ex
02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
are there any 1000+ acre parks in michigan. We have went to little sahara it was a good time, but we are all into woods riding. Has anybody been to west side of kentucky or tennesee, are there any big riding areas there. We are just wanting to make our trip worth while thats why we are wanting 1000+ acre areas. Thanks guys for all the info, lets keep it coming.

Ace Sixx
02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
You're from Richmond too, eh?

I've heard good things about Land Between the Lakes. Not too far from Missouri in Kentucky.

Unverfehrt400ex
02-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky Is some amazing trail ridin. well worth the trip there also

Ace Sixx
02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
There are also hundreds of miles of forest/fire roads in Arkansas that I'm sure would be great riding. I plan on taking a trip down there sometime this year (Fall, perhaps).

mod440ex
02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
u from richmond too, has anyone heard about a place called flat nasty south of st louis.

Unverfehrt400ex
02-21-2007, 08:23 PM
thats not the same thing as flat river is it????

jandlstables
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I think it is, same as st. joe right???

Ace Sixx
02-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by mod440ex
u from richmond too, has anyone heard about a place called flat nasty south of st louis.

I live in Richmond. Where do you ride locally?

Flat Nasty: www.flatnasty.net More like a Jeep park than an ATV area.

Unverfehrt400ex
02-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by jandlstables
I think it is, same as st. joe right???

Yeh as far as I know they're all the same thing.

z-mann
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
No, they aren't Flat Nasty is in Salem and is mostly a 4x4 park. We rode on a few trails but they are very rocky and not fast to ride on. Flat Nasty does have an mx track too.

My favorite place to trail ride in MO is at Suttons Bluff. It is in the Mark Twain National forest. They only list something like 25 miles of trails but it is a bit decieving as the "logging roads" that go to the trails are not listed. There is at least 50 miles of marked trails that are a blast to ride. we are planning a trip in the end of March if you want to go.

mod440ex
02-22-2007, 08:14 PM
we just ride on a few acres my uncle has not real great, how about you where do u ride at. Suttuns bluff is the same has chadwick isnt it, but chadwick said they have like 100 miles of trails

Ace if you go riding look me up and maybe me and my buddy can tag along

mod440ex
02-22-2007, 08:19 PM
what kind of riding is land between the lakes, hils, fast trails, rocky, or is it all open. we like hill climbing and fast trails.

JJ_450R
02-22-2007, 11:02 PM
L.B.L aint bad some good hill climbs some wide open stuff we go down there some one bad thing is all the jeeps and trucks out there

Ace Sixx
02-23-2007, 04:17 AM
we just ride on a few acres my uncle has not real great, how about you where do u ride at. Suttuns bluff is the same has chadwick isnt it, but chadwick said they have like 100 miles of trails

Ace if you go riding look me up and maybe me and my buddy can tag along

Have some fields around the house to ride. I live off of T hwy. Have some friends that live out on B hwy north of town and ride there sometimes. Just a big field. No trails or anything. Wish I knew someone with land and good trails.

450ERRRRRR!
02-23-2007, 05:27 AM
If you want trails and woods there is no better place than Suttons bluff near centerville MO. They let you ride on the County roads which are dirt andd gravel till you see a marked trail which goes up and down and across ridges and down to the little black river. It's got some awesome trails and views. Theres a campground also. Check out there web page
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/sutton_bluff/

mod440ex
02-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Has anyone heard about any big places to ride in illinoise or indiana, I got on trailsource.com and looked at a couple of places. One that cought my eye was called honey hole adventure.

Still just trying to find a good big place to go this spring that we havent hit yet.

Ace Sixx
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Has anyone heard about any big places to ride in illinoise or indiana, I got on trailsource.com and looked at a couple of places. One that cought my eye was called honey hole adventure.

Still just trying to find a good big place to go this spring that we havent hit yet.

Dude, go to Arkansas! The midwest just can't compare to what Arkansas has to offer. I've heard good things about Mill Creek trail.

Check atvsource.com for other trails down there or hit up some of the Arkansas folks on this forum for more info.

mod440ex
02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
how big is mill creek, or is there any other big places. are there big hills. thanks

Ace Sixx
02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Hills? In Arkansas? Are you kidding me?

Here's some info on Mill Creek:

http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/recreation/mill_creek.html

CLICK HERE (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64201&highlight=mill+creek) for a thread (complete with a link to some pics) about Mill Creek.

There are lots of opportunities to ride in Arkansas. Like I said earlier, SEARCH atvsource.com. SEARCH this site. Arkansas is the chit.

mod440ex
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
are these places in the same forest? are they close to each other? The places on atv source i mean. have u ridden there before. thanks for the info

mod440ex
02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
forgot to ask is there places to stay(cabins motel)or do we have to bring a tent.

Ace Sixx
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
are these places in the same forest? are they close to each other? The places on atv source i mean. have u ridden there before. thanks for the info

Check a map, dude! Call the numbers given with each description!

mod440ex
03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
about how far is it has far has driving time(since your live near me)sorry to be such a pain, but im trien to answer all the guys ?'s from work that r goin. how many times u been there.

Ace Sixx
03-02-2007, 05:23 AM
about how far is it has far has driving time(since your live near me)sorry to be such a pain, but im trien to answer all the guys ?'s from work that r goin. how many times u been there.

I've never been quad riding in Arkansas. I've been down there many, many times canoeing/kayaking and on my old R1. Based on my experiences down there, I'm positive the quad riding has to be excellent. Way better than anything up here (with the exception of Chadwick--though I've never been there, either, but I've heard stories).

I'm sure it would be a 5-6 hour drive to Mill Creek, depending on how you go. If it were me, I'd take 13 to Springfield, cut over to 65 and head south to Harrison, AR and then take 412 west to 23 and then go south to 16 which will take you to Combs. Mill Creek is right near Combs. Look it up on Google Maps or Map Quest.

If you would have read the information HERE (click) (http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/recreation/mill_creek.html), you'd have seen that you can't camp at the trail head. There are some campgrounds nearby, though. I'm sure if you'd call the Ranger station you could get more information. Or, maybe you can hit up the guy who started the thread that I referenced earlier. Apparently he lives right near there. Maybe he can give you more information.

Also, don't limit yourself to just Mill Creek. There are plenty of other interesting sounding trails listed at atvsource.com. All have numbers you can call for information.

Again, get a map. I recommend getting a DeLorme Arkansas Atlas & Gazeteer. You can get one at Barnes & Noble.

mod440ex
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
thanks for your input im going to call next week and i think we are going to go there at the end of april. I will bring back some picks and post them.

woodyzr2
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM

In the Upper Peninsula there are trails galore...all the snowmobile trails are open to ATVs in the spring and summer. You can ride for weeks on all the trails up there!