PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy the right shocks (rider weight)

NacsMXer
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Wondering if some people can help me out before I order up a new set of PEP shocks.

Basically, I need to know how much weight I should tack on (riding gear) in addition to my body weight so I can get the right shocks.

I'm away at school, so I don't have access to my gear or I would just weigh everything myself, but I think I can get pretty close with an estimate.

My average gear consists of:
- Shoei VFX-R helmet (3 lbs - known weight)
- Alpinestars Tech 8 boots (8 lbs best guess)
- 661 knee pads (0.5 lbs)
- Riding shorts/jersey/gloves (1.5 lbs?)
- Smith warp star goggles (0.1 lbs ?)

Total: ~ 13 lbs...

Anything seem way off or need to be changed? Looking for suggestions so I can get a good estimate. If anyone knows how much Tech 8's weigh that would help a lot (I know they are pretty hefty). Thanks

m.h.s.c.#527
02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
it doesnt really matter cuz they dont take in to consideration the mods to make ur quad lighter or heavier just tell them what u weigh thats what i didn and mine are fine

WhiteYFZ
02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
there gonna ask u whats done to the quad and they just add 10 lbs to your weight for the gear..i have pep's and thats what they did.

NacsMXer
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I just guesstimated a long time ago when I first ordered my PEP's (went 20 lbs over) but I figured I wanted things as close as I could this time around with the LT conversion. 10-15 lbs extra seems to be the norm..

Still open to opinions...

02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
did you weigh yourself before or after you did #2? add or subtract 2 lbs

NacsMXer
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pilfered
did you weigh yourself before or after you did #2? add or subtract 2 lbs

After of course....LMAO :chinese: